PDA

View Full Version : Mrsa

Disney4us2
12-20-2011, 07:36 PM
I finally found out what the "some infection" is. It is MRSA. Methicillin Resistant Staphlococcus Aureus. They said it was on parts of the skin and in his nose. It is highly contagious. They don't think his in an active state now because of the IV antibiotics.

After reading the print out that the nurse gave me this is very serious and way to scary. The infections may be in your skin, blood, lungs, heart, or brain.

Thank goodness he made a great recovery from this. He will most likely be home in time for Christmas. I don't need any gifts under the tree as long as my father is better and back home. He is my gift this year.

Has anyone else delt with MRSA before? Now to go and get a gallon of lysol and sanitize the house.

markyv
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
You should consider a whole house air cleaner that kills both airborne germs and germs on surfaces. Contact your local heating and cooling company and ask them to install a RGF guardian air unit in your duct work. This will kill any MESA in your home as well as other bacteria and viruses.
Private message me for more information.

MNNHFLTX
12-21-2011, 01:33 PM
I deal with MRSA every day at work (I'm a nurse), although usually the hospital-acquired kind, not the community-acquired one. It can be a horrendous problem to deal with, but unfortunately, with the prevalence of antibiotics in our society (helping to create resistant bugs) and the fact that up to 1/3 of the population has been colonized with either kind, I'm afraid it's here to stay. The thing is that the community-acquired MRSA is usually spread by skin-to-skin contact, so removing the bacteria from surfaces or the air in your house is not going to eliminate the risk.

I'm glad to hear that they found the right treatment for your dad and that he's getting better. :)