PDA

View Full Version : go on non-EMH days!

busterthebronco
12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
just got back and we SCAMMED on the MK!
stayed at Bonnet Creek so we couldnt use EMH and went early to see the rope drop.
NOBODY was there.
we rode every E ticket ride in an hour and a half.
i now agree with folks that say that its better to stay away on EMH days.
:secret:

Briansmom
12-20-2011, 10:47 PM
I totally agree although mine is from the opposite situation. I had always seen people post about not going on morning EMH but I thought they are just hitting it on a bad day cuz it's not been like that for us, even tho we dont usually take advantage of morning EMH. But now, I am a believer! On our trip in Sept/Oct, I unintentionally planned for us to go to a park with morning EMH three days in a row although we did not take advantage of EMH.... OMG...I've never seen so many people in my life. :crowd:

NEVER AGAIN :noway: ...I will be very mindful when planning our next trip.

And, my apologies....I should never, ever, EVER doubt what I read on here from the pros! :mickey:

Hair_Razor
12-20-2011, 11:41 PM
And, my apologies....I should never, ever, EVER doubt what I read on here from the pros! :mickey:

Hahaha! Nice. I thought about testing fate going against that advice this time....I will learn from your mistake. :D

Butters
12-21-2011, 08:13 AM
we always use EMH then hop over to another park when it's over, or for PM EMH hop to that park as it starts.... Never wanted to tempt fate and deal with all of the people with non-hopper passes that are stuck at that park.

MrPeetrie
12-21-2011, 10:10 AM
I did not know about this strategy before our last trip and found out about it the hard way. I will definitely utilize EMH strategy on next trip. (I should have been reading here more fervently. Lesson Learned!)

Wolf
12-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Okay, yalls residential blonde here, I am always looking for a idea on how to better comando plan, how does this work? You don't go to EMH parks or just go super early? What do you avoid in this strategy?

Grumpy.
12-23-2011, 12:29 PM
If a park has EMH, people generally think "I have to go to that park to get more value for my dollar (more time in the park is more value for their money)", therefore that park has more people going to it and is busier.

So to avoid those crowds either:

1. Skip the EMH park altogether, or

2. Go to the morning EMH as soon as it starts and use a park hopper to go somewhere else once the crowds pick up, or

3. Stay away from an evening EMH park until at least the time the EMH starts, crowds will thin out the later it gets.

SBETigg
12-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Okay, yalls residential blonde here, I am always looking for a idea on how to better comando plan, how does this work? You don't go to EMH parks or just go super early? What do you avoid in this strategy?

Strategy One would be to avoid any parks having EMH, with the thought that people without park hoppers are choosing those EMH parks to maximize their park time and making those parks the most crowded parks of the day. You'll get more done in a less crowded park, making it a good bet even if it has shorter hours.

Strategy Two would be to have park hoppers and take advantage of EMH parks, during the times that they are less busy (morning: hour before regular opening, evening: after regular park closing into the later hours) and non-EMH parks during regular hours. The idea is to hop from morning EMH park once the park gets busy or to avoid the evening EMH park until most of the crowds start dwindling. And in the meantime, you can hop to a park that doesn't have the EMH crowds.

Gator
12-23-2011, 03:29 PM
I have found that it's the parks with Morning EMH that causes so much trouble in a park. The Evening EMH may increase the crowds a little, but not siginifcantly enough for me to bother.

alaMode
12-23-2011, 08:45 PM
We typically visit the park that had EMH the previous day. That's how I plan our ADRs too, if we're going to have a TS meal at a park restaurant. This usually works out really well!