PDA

View Full Version : Tiw ?

Dyanna
12-20-2011, 07:26 PM
I hear that the TIW card will be avail to DVC members without a AP starting in 2012. I fall under this category. We have never purchased the DDP & think TIW would work better for us. Would like to get more info on it though as I am not sure how it works. Our next trip will be Oct 2012 with a group of 8. 4 adults 3 children ages 5 & under & one 2 yr old. This will be our last trip until sometime late in 2014 :pout:
When will this new non AP DVC TIW plan start?
What is the cost of TIW?
Is it per person or per group?
What restrictions are on the card?
How long is card good for?
Any other info you can give me about TIW would be helpful to help us in the planning stage.

Strmchsr
12-20-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't know the specifics on DVC cost. For AP holders it's $75 and is good for 1 year from date of purchase. You get 20% off your total meal (including alcoholic beverages) though an 18% gratuity is automatically added to your bill. The card is only assigned to one person, but it will cover your entire family's bill as long as you are with them. You can't tranfer the card to another person. For instance, last week if I wanted to eat one place and my wife another, only I could use the TiW card. I had to physically be with her for her to be able to use it, too. Mostly the TiW card is good at all TS places. Almost none of the CS places take it.

Melanie
12-20-2011, 09:08 PM
and is good for 1 year from date of purchase.

Actually the card can possibly be good for close to 14 months depending on when you purchase it.

Say you purchased the card December 2, 2011. It is then good until January 31, 2013. Why? I have no idea, but it's one of the quirky things I love about this card. So no matter when you buy it within a month, it is good until the end of the following month of the next year.

We love the card! We love that it is good for alcoholic beverages, unlike the DDP, and that most of the lounges around the World accept it. It's also good for many of the CS places at Animal Kingdom, and also at the food courts in the Value resorts.

The only big negative for me is the additional cost per cards, and the fact that you have to pay $50 for a replacement card. I am fanatical about making sure I don't lose it and to be honest, it's kind of a pain.

One time last year we used it at the Liberty Tree and for whatever reason (like there aren't all kinds of other things going on) I didn't remember to get it when the check came. Thank goodness the CM turned it in, but I had to go to Lost & Found at TTC to retrieve it. Pain! I'm not sure why they can't just void the old one and issue a new one. :confused:

But anyway, I totally recommend! Cost is $75 for AP holders, but $100 for Florida Residents (without AP). It will be interesting to see what the pricing is for DVC members.

wildernesslady
12-21-2011, 02:59 PM
It would be a great perk if it was given to members. Especially with the amount member dues went up. I know one thing has nothing to do with the other. Hopefully, it will be reasonably priced.