PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Dues invoice avail now

Dyanna
12-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Who else besides me is a bit annoyed at the amount their dues has increased this year? Mine is a $160 increase (BLT). Its not terrible but just seems that the percentage they once told us of 3% yearly was a joke. BLT is the newest DVC with the highest inrcease. Does not seem right.

Ian
12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Agree. In fact, I'll go one step further ... our guide made a big deal out of how BLT would have the lowest per-point maintenance fees because they share infrastructure with the Contemporary, they're a tower with a smaller footprint, etc. etc. etc.

And then after year one it goes up by like 8.5%?? Not cool in my book .......

Disney4us2
12-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't like paying more every year. I can't really complain though. My fees only went up $30.17 for my 100 points at VGC.

Maybe that is why my guide more or less "guided" me to the Grand Californian instead of AKL villas which I really wanted.

VWL Mom
12-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Mine went up $107 on 282 points (not bad) but 25% of the increase was underestimated property tax from last year. This is a first since we owned and the biggest tax rate change also.

Aurora
12-20-2011, 09:40 AM
You really can't blame the guides. They're just going by the information they have from the company and from historic dues rates. This year was a big jump nearly across the board, and it looks like the whole thing may be a mass correction of too-low dues on the newer resorts in the first place; again, not the blame of the salespeople.

If I were a decent guide I'd be ticked at the company for undermining my integrity and jeopardizing possible future sales.