PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Button

DisneyFan1979
12-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Can you only get a birthday button on your exact birthday? And is Magic Kingdom the only place you can get it?

My birthday falls on Christmas Day--for obvious reasons we will NOT be going to MK that day. Can I get the button before; right now we're planning on MK on our arrival day, this Wednesday.

faline
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
You can get it at any of the parks. No-one will ask you to prove it's actually your birthday when you pick it up.

CU Tiger
12-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Each time we have gone in May, we get a button for my DD. Here B-day is not until the 30th, but we get one for her anyway since we are so close to her date. They use to be park specific and special. Now they are genaric and the same no matter where you get it.:mickey:

DVC2004
12-19-2011, 12:58 PM
As others have said you can get one at any park and they won't ask you to prove. I know we had to change our trip dates once and had to go the week AFTER my son's birthday instead of our original plan to go the week of. Still, the trip was in celebration of his birthday and we got him the pin, still celebrated it at the parks and restaurants. I think they know that sometimes you just can't be there on the exact day. And yes, the buttons are now uniform and non- park specific so it will be the same one at each park.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Yep, no proof of actual date is required. Do wear in ALL parks - one button all parks.

Hubby and I were married in LATE June, but celebrated our 20th in Late JANUARY, we wore our buttons every day and had the best trip!

DisneyFan1979
12-19-2011, 03:06 PM
That's great! Thank you all for your replies!

jillluvsdisney
12-19-2011, 06:41 PM
If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can also request when you check in or at the concierge desk.

Georgesgirl1
12-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Jill is right. When we stayed at Kidani, we had it on our reservation that it was my birthday trip. They made me a button at check-in. I wore it every day of my trip!

Katzateer
12-20-2011, 07:32 AM
For a lot of people a special trip isnt always close to the date for the event they are celebrating. We took our daughter and her best friend (that lives far away) to WDW as a graduation gift in September ( they graduate from high school this spring). got them Buttons that said what they were celebrating and the cast members were all so nice to them.

mydisneygirls
12-20-2011, 10:09 AM
I didn't even have to ask for one. When I made our reservations for this past Sept, I was asked if we were celebrating anything special and I told them my dd's birthday on the 19th. Upon checkin on the 17th, she was given the button then and wished a big Happy Birthday!!! It's amazing how the cast members are trained to look for the buttons because the number of them that wish a happy birthday, happy anniversary, etc. is amazing.

Happy Birthday Disneyfan1979 and have a great time!

BelleBeauty
12-20-2011, 10:51 AM
You can get a button at your resort. We were celebrating our anniversary a bit late and wore our buttons a few days during our trip. DH actually almost lost his voice saying thank you throughout those days!

Buttercup
12-20-2011, 12:35 PM
We have a video of us walking down Main Street USA first thing in the morning when all the cast members are on the street waving to guests as they enter. I had my birthday button on, and when you watch the video, you can keep a running tally of how many people say "Happy Birthday Carolyn" as I walked along! I think the total for Main Street USA was something like 14 "Happy Birthdays" just to get to Casey's Corner....
And then during the parades, the dancers walking by would always say it too! Not to mention cast members on rides, etc. I must have thanked a billion people! :D

ransam
12-21-2011, 12:39 AM
i wear it the whole week.

TinkerbellsMom
12-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Get your button and wear it proudly every day at the Parks. You'll be amazed at how much attention you get! You may even get sung to by the Talking Trash Can at MK! No Lie.

Couple of trips ago, we were celebrating our Anniversary and I was proudly wearing my button and this trash can, out of the blue, started to follow me and proceeded to sing "Happy Anniversary, hapy anniversary...". DH quickly ducted into the bathroom and DD pretended to not know me...it was hilarious!!

Have fun!!

brivers222
12-21-2011, 11:07 AM
If you don't get one at check-in and other at each restaurant you have ADRs for... then go over the guest relations inside magic kingdom... they have a wagon full of buttons...

we never had to stop there to get them but with all our ADRs and two hotel checkins my wife and I both left the parks with

12 each of the "Happily Ever after"
and
1 each of the "Just Married" seems like they are phasing these out and going with the above "Happily Ever after" Button... its a shame but even cast memebers were shocked that we had them on!

Buttons.... you will never be without a button!