PDA

View Full Version : Post 2000 Pixies Please

Disney4us2
12-19-2011, 10:47 AM
What a way to celebrate 2000 posts.

Yesterday I had to take my father (91) to the ER. He suddenly developed some kind of infection during the night, We thought it had something to do with a medication for his UTI. The doctors seem to think it is an infection somewhere.

He was fine the night before he took the medication. He was in Laughlin, NV for 2 nights before. Came home Saturday night and boom.... Sunday is in the hospital.

When I left him yesterday, he was still in the ER since they didn't have any beds for him in the area the doctor wanted him. He needed a telemetry floor so his heart could be monitored. I finally got a call from him at 10pm. He was finally in a room and he sounded 100% better than when he was in the ER.

I didn't have the support of any family yesterday. My DD was with the girl scouts decorating floats for the Rose Parade. My brother and SIL were flying back from Maui yesterday. I didn't want to worry them before thier flight and talked to them last night when they returned.

I know the power of prayer does work and ask for pixies for my father. Hopefully he will be home soon.

Dragongirlx
12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::tink:
I hope everything works out ok for you and your family

VWL Mom
12-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Marci, so sorry you had to go through that by yourself. Hopefully you have your family back today. Sending prayers and pixie dust for your dad's speedy recovery.

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

DVC2004
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm so sorry! We will keep him in our prayers and also sending pixie dust, too. Please keep us up to date when you know more.

Disney4us2
12-20-2011, 01:36 AM
My father is doing sooo much better. My brother is back and he talked with the doctor tonight.

Somehow he had an infection in his legs so bad that if I didn't get him to the hospital when I did, he would have been gone. I am so glad I didn't wait to see if he started to get better. He has venous insuffiency in both legs, that is not new though. We were also told he had an infection in his lungs, but not pneumonia.

Thanks to getting him to the hospital and the IV antibiotics and the help of the hospital staff. He is back to his old self in just 24 hours. He is flirting with the nurses and already chomping at the bit to get back home.

Words can not describe how grateful I am that I acted quickly and he will be here to celebrate Christmas with us.

Thanks for your prayers and pixie dust.... keep 'em coming....

PlutoToo
12-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Good news! Pixie Dust and prayers for his continued improvement. And that he'll be home for Christmas.

Mickey'sGirl
12-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Fabulous news, Marci! Continued good health for your Dad!

VWL Mom
12-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Great news! Prayers and pixie dust for continued improvement.

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Disney4us2
12-23-2011, 03:37 PM
While we were visiting the other day he started singing "I'll be home for Christmas". We both got our wish. He is coming home this afternoon.

Still a long haul ahead. Weekly follow ups with the doctor. See the infectious disease doctor, antibiotics for 21 days.

The MRSA was just in the nose. It is amazing how quickly we went to being deathly sick and then to turn around in just 24 hours after being in the hospital.

Now I can enjoy my (now over) 2000th post:cool:

Thanks to all for the prayers and pixie dust. Intercot totally rocks.

ElenitaB
12-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Marci, that is such good news. I'm glad he's home, even if he still has more road to travel re: his infection.

More :pixie: heading his way for continued health.

PlutoToo
12-23-2011, 09:56 PM
What a wonderful Christmas gift. Enjoy the moments you have.

TinkerbellT421
12-27-2011, 01:41 PM
I am sorry I missed this post. Has been a busy couple of weeks and missed it in the process, I apologize for not seeing and sending prayers and pixie dust. But so happy to see he was home with you just in time for Christmas and that he is doing so much better! Merry Christmas!!

Disney4us2
12-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Well he came home and we had a nice Christmas. The antibiotics have caused WWIII in his stomach and digestive system. Constant .... to put it nicely.... Trots to the bathroom. The meds can cause C-Diff. He is now back in the hospital ER right now. May come home today, tomorrow or the next.

Please keep those pixies coming for him. Thanks ever so much.

TinkerbellT421
12-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Aww sorry to hear about the anitbiotics! Has he tried eating Activa. I swear by that stuff! My mom has ulcerated colitis, my best friend had most of her colon removed and one of my managers at work has also had most of her colon removed on top of pockets and colitis and all three of them swear by Activa. It replenishes the good bacteria in your stomach that antibiotics kill in the process of taking them which causes your immune system to go off and also cause other problems. The Activia helps replenish that while being on the antibiotics and also relieves gas symptoms among other problems. Have him give it a try, one a day for about five days and he will see a huge difference! Sending prayers and more pixie dust for continued recovery!!!

Disney4us2
12-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks TinkerellT:mickey:

He is back home with a new antibiotic for the C-diff. I asked the ER doc about the yogurt/Activia. He said it would not help in this case.

I need to get off of this rollercoaster. The only one I like is BMTRR. These up's and down's are for the birds. The stress of it all is starting to get to me. I really need my happy place right now. That will have to wait until 1/7/12 when we renew our DL passes.