PDA

View Full Version : Best standard view building at Pop

Mickey 101
12-19-2011, 10:11 AM
We are considering a stay at Pop Century for the first time. We will have our own transportation so bus stops aren't a consideration. Just for convenience/enjoyment sake, does anyone have any suggestions for a building they like to request that's somewhat accessible to Everything Pop without being in the middle of a lot of noise in the morning as guests head over there for breakfast?

Buttercup
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM
I'd suggest the 80's buildings.

The 90's buildings are the furthest away from the main building (Classic Hall), but definitely the most quiet!

The 60's and 70's buildings I believe are preferred... and I think most of the 50's are as well, but I think *maybe* the furthest 50's building is standard... not sure though.

Go for the 80's! :)

debbymc4
12-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I just returned from a stay there this weekend. We were in building 8, fourth floor. It was a perfect location. Quiet, could see the pool, but we could also see fireworks from our window!!! Short walk to the main building. I think our room number was 8463.

Fangorn
12-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I have to agree with Debbymc4. Building 8 (90's section) is our favorite - especially if we have a car. This building has some of the best access to parking, is quiet and if you cut across the main parking lot, it's a quick walk to the main building.

Check out the map of the property here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg).

Steve

BelleBeauty
12-20-2011, 10:54 AM
We've really enjoyed the 50's section in the Jukebox building. Backside on the 3rd or 4th floor you can see the Illuminations show at night. It also faces the lake and the new resort. There is a quiet pool in front, less than 5 min walk tot he main building.