PDA

View Full Version : My, how the tables have turned...

White Rose
12-16-2011, 03:31 AM
My family is headed for our first WDW trip in ten years on 01/08! I've been back twice since our last family trip in 2002, and none of them have been back in...ages. Sadly, my sister doesn't even REMEMBER most of the last trip when she was 8. So, it's quite the experience. On our first trips, I was 10 and 14 and I am now (almost--in January) 24. Of course, on the first few trips, my parents did all the research and all the planning.

However, since I've been twice on my own now...I know the ways a lot better than they do. My father keeps looking at me like I have three heads when I politely correct him on things. The other day he was talking about park hours and how all the parks close at 6pm... :confused: Also, he was talking about canceling our few dining reservations we have and just winging it in the parks at the same restaurants, which then prompted me to explain to him the free dining phenomenon.

Just thought I'd share how much my role has changed in planning Disney trips. I went from not knowing anything, to suddenly know most things, thanks to the lovely people of Intercot!

Goofeygal
12-16-2011, 08:11 AM
This is a great post.

LudwigVonDrake
12-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Have a great trip :tink:

Dopey's Girl
12-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Sounds like my family. When we start to think about planning a trip, they all look at me. They know some stuff, but would prefer not to be 'in charge' of making plans. They know I love it, so it's left to me. I'm ok with it for a few reasons. 1) I love planning vacations. 2) I have Wendy at MJ to get room arangements. She's the best. 3) I have Intercot!!!

IloveDisney71
12-28-2011, 09:00 PM
That's funny! Have a fun trip!
I actually went on a trip with some family members and had an aunt who thinks she knows it all. I didn't want to act like a know it all so I would just politely give tips and if other people listened to my advice fine and if not fine. Once she totally refused to believe that it was faster to walk to the TTC from the Poly instead of riding the resort monorail around to the TTC to get to the Epcot monorail. We went our separate ways. We left the Poly 30 minutes after they did and beat them to Epcot. No kidding! I just laughed inside because it killed her to be wrong. The rest of the family members took my advice the rest of the trip. I wasn't trying to be pushy, I was just trying to be helpful but she didn't like it. Oh well. Needless to say, I haven't been back with her...it wasn't a fun experience.

Hair_Razor
12-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Haha, yeah my parents wouldn't even consider trying to interfere with my planning of our trips! They were talking the other day about how much fun they had with us last time. I think thats part of what they enjoy. Just show up and be on vacation. Let someone else plan where I will eat tonight :thumbsup: