PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe no white Xmas looks like.

caryrae
12-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Hard to believe I live in Minnesota and it looks like it won't be a white Christmas:snowball:. We have had some snow but all of it melted except a few little piles. We may have a little snow but then it gets to mid 30's for a few days after.

SBETigg
12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
After last winter, when we were buried with snow from January to April, I have no complaints. It has snowed once here this season, in October, and that was a doozy that left us without power for two weeks. We still have downed trees. I'm perfectly happy to have a gray-brown Christmas this year.

caryrae
12-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, it was around this time last year that our Domes roof collapsed from all the snow we had.

SallyMcQueen
12-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Here in Southern Wisconsin we've had one light dusting of snow that melted by the next morning. And the only possibility of snow is maybe on the 23rd, but that's a slim chance as of right now.
It was 43 when I left the house this morning at 7. It almost feels like early spring. However, I'm not going to complain. I have a long commute and the less snow we get the better.

Dopey's Girl
12-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Hard to believe I live in Minnesota and it looks like it won't be a white Christmas:snowball:. We have had some snow but all of it melted except a few little piles. We may have a little snow but then it gets to mid 30's for a few days after.

I'm in St Paul and couldn't be happier about our 'nice' weather. Its a bit strange, but if it stayed like this every year (and still got nice by mid April) I wouldn't mind winter.

MNNHFLTX
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I was just up in your neck of the woods! Flying into MSP we could see quite a bit of snow in Iowa, but very little in Minnesota. While a white Christmas is nice, when you get that April snowstorm you will probably look back fondly at this warm spell. :)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-16-2011, 07:45 PM
I live in Eastern NC - not to far from the coast and I must say I love our mild winters. I think I'd die if it were colder here.

jennbunn
12-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I live in Bloomington and after last year's mega snow I am ok with a brown christmas.

brad192
12-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Here in Michigan, we seem to have a "White Chistmas" more often than not. However, I'm perfectly happy with a Christmas without snow. Sure, an inch or two would be nice for Christmas day, just to make it "festive", but after that I'm ready for mid-seventies and sunshine again. The three months after the holidays are simply...depressing.

Oh, and think about our Southern Hemisphere friends - it's Summer in that part of the world. They never get a "White Christmas"!

Melanie
12-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Oh, and think about our Southern Hemisphere friends - it's Summer in that part of the world. They never get a "White Christmas"!

Might as well be summer here. 80 today, 83 tomorrow. There are so many positives to living here, but for me, the weather is not one of them. I'll never get used to 80 something degrees in December.

Dopey's Girl
12-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Might as well be summer here. 80 today, 83 tomorrow. There are so many positives to living here, but for me, the weather is not one of them. I'll never get used to 80 something degrees in December.

Sorry Melanie, but my whole family is praying that your weather holds out another 45 days or so. We will be in Orlando and on the Gulf coast in mid Jan through early Feb, and really want warm weather!

Melanie
12-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Sorry Melanie, but my whole family is praying that your weather holds out another 45 days or so. We will be in Orlando and on the Gulf coast in mid Jan through early Feb, and really want warm weather!

I can totally see that if you are looking to vacation here. I'd be wishing the exact same thing and am thinking good thoughts for your family! :thumbsup:

This is our 6th Christmas in a sub-tropical climate. The first few years it was kind of neat, and sure cute to see the palm trees all wrapped up in Christmas lights. Now, not so much. ;)

:sing: I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....... :sing:

:snowball: :tree: :snowball:

We LOVE Disney
12-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Here in Michigan, we seem to have a "White Chistmas" more often than not. However, I'm perfectly happy with a Christmas without snow. Sure, an inch or two would be nice for Christmas day, just to make it "festive", but after that I'm ready for mid-seventies and sunshine again. The three months after the holidays are simply...depressing.

I am totally with you on this! I only want snow for Christmas then summer can come :)

Dopey's Girl
12-21-2011, 01:46 PM
I can totally see that if you are looking to vacation here. I'd be wishing the exact same thing and am thinking good thoughts for your family! :thumbsup:

This is our 6th Christmas in a sub-tropical climate. The first few years it was kind of neat, and sure cute to see the palm trees all wrapped up in Christmas lights. Now, not so much. ;)

:sing: I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....... :sing:

:snowball: :tree: :snowball:

Maybe next year we can switch! :D You can come up here and play in the snow for a week...I will relax under a palm tree!

DisneyDog
12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Melanie, I can totally relate. I lived in Naples for 3 years. For the first year, it was amazing. After that, I was bored and then frustrated and then angry. I wanted a change in the weather. I was so sick of it. Who would have thought I would be dreaming of chilly weather. I especially missed the leaves changing.

Here in the Philadelphia area we have been having fairly decent weather. We had the snow in October (very strange) but nothing since then other than a few flurries the other day. It's supposed to be 60 today and tomorrow. And not get out of the 40s through the end of the year. In fact, it will be almost 50 for a few days next week and I might take DS9 to the Philly Zoo!

Melanie
12-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Maybe next year we can switch! :D You can come up here and play in the snow for a week...I will relax under a palm tree!

Like I said, it's all fun the first year or two. ;)

And more than likely, we'll have moved from sunny Florida next year - hopefully to a place much cooler with four seasons. :)

ChipDale2708
12-22-2011, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=SBETigg;2229462]After last winter, when we were buried with snow from January to April, I have no complaints. It has snowed once here this season, in October, and that was a doozy that left us without power for two weeks. We still have downed trees. I'm perfectly happy to have a gray-brown Christmas this year.[/QUOTE

I completely agree with you! That October storm was enough snow and disaster to last me for the winter. We were without power for almost two weeks as well. There are still tree services working in our neighborhood. Brown Christmas works for us as well!