PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Queue

Buttercup
12-14-2011, 10:19 AM
The last time we were at WDW was January 2011, so the Haunted Mansion interactive queue was still being built. I'm looking forward to seeing it on our next trip. But I have a question, because I can't picture it in my mind...

Where is all this new stuff located, in relation to the old queue? I can't picture it in my head where they would fit all of the new crypts, organ, etc. in the area surrounding HM, unless they put it out in the middle of the courtyard where the horseless hearse always was.

:confused:

Because if you remember the old queue, when you're walking under the green roof area, you've got the River on your left, and then eventually the old cemetery with "Dear Old Fred, a rock fell on his head", etc. Did they rip out that old cemetery area and make it larger to fit all this interactive stuff??

I also read and saw on YouTube that you can have the option of taking the interactive lineup, or the shorter lineup. How does that work?

And finally, there was something on YouTube with a bunch of busts in the interactive area, that weren't fully operational at the time of the video, but they were saying eventually the busts would be part of some kind of murder mystery activity. (and by reading the epitaphs under each bust, it looks pretty accurate because it says things like "You can solve this murder" and whatnot). What's that all about?

EeyoresBestFriend
12-14-2011, 11:47 AM
The queue is basically in the same area. When you just start the last turn( just before where the turnstiles used to be) to go in to the mansion - the line splits into two - one going to the left for the interactive area and one to the right that bypasses it.

The busts weren't doing anything when I was there but I didn't know about the murder mystery message, so maybe I just didn't make the connection. The rest of the queue winds back and forth, in classic disney line style. ;) There are alot of neat things to see and play with, while still keeping a mansion theme. The tombstones were there and some moved alittle to different areas.

It was cool! As well as the changes made at the end of the ride, but I'm not going to be a spoiler . . . . :D

azcavalier
12-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Yep, it's basically where the graveyard used to be. I thought it was out where the horseless carriage was, too, but it's not. You'll see the signs for them.

A couple of things about the new queue that most people don't know:

1. If you touch the instruments on the composer's tomb, they play. If you can manage to have someone touching ALL of the instruments, something else is supposed to happen.

2. On the Captain's Tomb, there are leaks. If you plug them with your finger, they spring leaks somewhere else.

EeyoresBestFriend
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
2. On the Captain's Tomb, there are leaks. If you plug them with your finger, they spring leaks somewhere else.

Is there something with the portholes on the backside of the captain's tomb? They are just so out of place I thought there must be something but we couldn't figure it out . . . . :confused:

azcavalier
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Is there something with the portholes on the backside of the captain's tomb? They are just so out of place I thought there must be something but we couldn't figure it out . . . . :confused:

Not that I know of. But I know what you mean. I kept looking at them thinking there must be something, but I couldn't figure it out.

JPL
12-14-2011, 07:43 PM
I was actually pleasntly surprised with the interactive queue. It reall wasn't as bad as my imagination thought it could be. The line splits right before you get to the doors to the Mansion the right side allows you skip the interactive section and if you go to the left you enter the interactive graveyard area. Some of the old tombstones are still in their original location so it is actually an extension of the original queue that goes closer to the water it doesn't really encompass any of the origanal graveyard area

linedropper
12-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Love it but, When we were there in October the lines were so short we basically walked right through them the 4 times we did the ride! But they looked cool walking by!

:mickey:

waymickey
12-14-2011, 10:32 PM
we went in august and missed the new queue. We were told by a CM when we got in line that both lines went to the same place so we always went to the right which was a shorter line. But it was a separate line with a screen that blocked the new queue line. Since it cut down on our wait by about 20 minutes we stayed where we were. The second time we went on the only line open was the right line and so we missed it again. I am sad I missed it.:(

brdavis
12-15-2011, 10:45 PM
A couple of things about the new queue that most people don't know... If you can manage to have someone touching ALL of the instruments, something else is supposed to happen.
Huh. Thanks, I'll have to try that (back down in Jan).

On the Captain's Tomb, there are leaks. If you plug them with your finger, they spring leaks somewhere else.
Which is a lot of fun :).

The organ has a nice shout-out to an individual involved with the HM (& other rides) as well.

There's at least one more puzzle I've not... decoded yet. Got to get on that.

--
Brian Davis

EeyoresBestFriend
12-16-2011, 11:28 AM
My DH had a thought about the portholes on the tomb that I never thought of.

Maybe when the holes are plugged on the other side, something happens in the portholes ??

Be interesting to see . . . . .

epceddie
12-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Saw it, did it, don't need to go back.

lindique
12-16-2011, 09:27 PM
I just saw it, and it appears to me that the space was enlarged. I seem to remember from last year that it looked like they were building further out over the water to enlarge the area. Does anyone know if that's true?