PDA

View Full Version : Monorail

TinkerBeth21
12-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know if you can still ride in the front of the monorails? I've heard that passengers can no longer ride in the front. I'm really hoping this is not true. Has someone been there recently to know?

Melanie
12-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately, this is indeed true. There have been no guests allowed up front since the fatal accident in July of '09.

Butters
12-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Probably not going to happen again because of liability

Kaps
12-14-2011, 09:38 AM
They where not allowing it last Dec due to the accident.

TinkerBeth21
12-14-2011, 10:46 AM
has anyone been there in the last couple weeks to know for sure? My sister just told me that she and her husband rode in front this past January.

12-14-2011, 12:37 PM
has anyone been there in the last couple weeks to know for sure? My sister just told me that she and her husband rode in front this past January.

Maybe in the first coach behind the "engine", but NOT in the front with the pilot.

buzznwoodysmom
12-14-2011, 01:09 PM

We have been to WDW 4 times since the accident, most recently this past March, and no one is allowed to ride up front with the pilot.

DizneyRox
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
If I recall correctly, riding shotgun is still allowed in Disneyland (or was for a while at least after the accident). Florida is under a different ruleset.

teamblackwell
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
We rode with the pilot at DLR last April. Hopefully Disneyland doesn't change that policy.

TinkerBeth21
12-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Thank you all. I'm glad that I at least won't be entirely disappointing the kids. I just won't tell them. I think I'll still ask when we get there, but I at least won't say anything to the kids before I do.

Victor Kelly
12-15-2011, 01:08 PM
It is dissappointing since the electronics (MAPO) will not allow an accident to happen. The accident happened due to monorails being in overide mode and full out human error.

DizneyRox
12-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Thank you all. I'm glad that I at least won't be entirely disappointing the kids. I just won't tell them. I think I'll still ask when we get there, but I at least won't say anything to the kids before I do.
Out of respect for the cast on the monorail, I wouldnt. Maybe that's just me...

Polynesian Dweller
12-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Out of respect for the cast on the monorail, I wouldnt. Maybe that's just me...

I have to second that. It's not allowed at WDW and just leave it at that. No amount of asking will change it.

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I have to second that. It's not allowed at WDW and just leave it at that. No amount of asking will change it.

:ditto:

I wouldn't ask either. Knowing about the accident, and understanding how much I'm sure it affected all those who work the monorail would prevent me from ever asking to ride up front. Like others have already stated, it is not allowed and asking will not change the fact that you can not ride up front. No use in potentially ruining a CMs day by asking for something you know isn't possible.

BelleBeauty
12-20-2011, 11:31 AM
When we were there last month they said no riders in the front :confused:

McLiberal8
12-20-2011, 01:58 PM
No use in potentially ruining a CMs day by asking for something you know isn't possible.

I can almost guarantee that they get asked at least once a day. If it was so sensitive, they would put a sign or something.

Ask if you feel more comfortable doing so! I asked last trip, they just politely said they don't allow it. No biggie.

Trev&Ev Mom
12-21-2011, 09:03 AM

We were just there over Thanksgiving and were told my a monorail attendant that guests were no longer allowed to ride with the driver.