PDA

View Full Version : WL w/ 5yo

tdk316
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
We decided to switch it up a bit and stay at WL next May with DS5. We stayed at WL pre-kids (pre-wedding for that matter...) and have only been back once for dinner. What's good for kids there? He's only stayed at BLT so we're afraid he'll be upset about the lack of monorail, but the discount was too great to pass up! :blush: We'll take the boat and swim at the pool but didn't know if there were any hidden gems we should know about.

Thanks many!

gokatgo
12-13-2011, 11:42 AM
He will love the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom - it is so convenient! You can also take a boat to Fort Wilderness or the Contempory. My little guy turned 5 while we were there. We loved the pool, the geyser and the lobby area. We sat in the rocking chairs quite a bit. It's also very easy to get to Fort Wilderness where there is so much to do for kids! Have a great time!

mydisneygirls
12-13-2011, 11:59 AM
There are activities for kids at the pool during the day and the water pageant at night. If you time it right, you can watch the fireworks at night while on the boat back to WL (sit on the left side of the boat). There are also the hidden Mickey's which he might like (I haven't found one yet....will have to look harder next trip).

VWL Mom
12-13-2011, 02:12 PM
If he likes trains be sure and take him over to see the train memorabilia in the VWL lobby.

gaffz70
12-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Our kids loved it there! They were 5 and 3 when we went. We went exploring on all of the floors, the architecture is amazing. They also had fun in the kids den - made magnets there that are still on our frig.

tdk316
12-13-2011, 02:45 PM
If he likes trains be sure and take him over to see the train memorabilia in the VWL lobby.

I totally forgot about that! Thanks, he LOVES trains. :D