PDA

View Full Version : Planning meals?

minnie-mouse
12-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Do most of you stay at one resort and eat breakfast at another resort or park, or do you eat at your own resort before you leave for parks? We hope to stay at CSR our next visit but we are not big breakfast people, therefore don't want to spend $15 for the PM buffet (and Cafe Rix doesn't have anything our DDs would eat). So is it crazy to plan to leave our resort early every morning and eat at Contemporary or Poly counter services before heading to MK?

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-12-2011, 01:27 PM
We usually skip the CS breakfast all together.

We'll do some character breakfasts, but the rest of the time just have a light snack (cereal bars, fruit, etc) in the room.

SBETigg
12-12-2011, 02:03 PM
I think it's doable but might prove inconvenient. We're not big breakfast people, and we usually just wait until we're hungry and grab a snack at the parks.

buzznwoodysmom
12-12-2011, 02:21 PM
We actually try to stay as far away from CS locations for breakfast as we can. Too many people, too much chaos for it to be a pleasant morning. We typically have two TS breakfasts per trip, one character breakfast, one non character breakfast. The rest of the trip we have a light breakfast in the room. We bring cereal bars, granola bars, fresh fruit, yogurt, things like that to eat in the room. It saves on time and money and we don't have to fight the masses first thing in the morning for breakfast. LOL. We drive so its easy to bring what we want, but most gift shops have enough items for sale that you can get by on a weeks worth of breakfast in the room. They sell milk, juice, fruit, and a variety of snacks. There is no way I would take the time to get to another resort for a CS breakfast. In my opinion that's a huge waste of time.

Mickey'sGirl
12-12-2011, 02:21 PM
We usually skip the CS breakfast all together.

We'll do some character breakfasts, but the rest of the time just have a light snack (cereal bars, fruit, etc) in the room.
Ditto. Mini Wheats in the room. Breakfast of champions! :thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
12-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks, you guys are great!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-13-2011, 09:52 AM
We take snack cakes, fruit and juice and eat a small breakfast in our room every morning. It saves valuable park time and saves money. We do one big breakfast the day we check out usually at a another resort, we did Kona last time and are trying 1900 Park Fare this time.

NJGIRL
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
We ususally eat breakfast in our room. We do a couple of sit down breakfasts during each trip but never travel to a location we don't plan on being just to eat CS, too much time wasted IMO.

BelleBeauty
12-14-2011, 07:19 PM
We bring small boxes of cereal or breakfast bars. The best part about CSR is that most rooms (or all?) have mini fridges, so you can get milk and other items and have a decent breakfast in your room before you head out for the morning.

minnie-mouse
12-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks, I think breakfast in the room definitely sounds like a good plan.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-14-2011, 08:32 PM
We completely plan on eating our breakfast in the room on the day that we don't have a character breakfast. But we are also driving to the parks and can pack for breakfast in the room.

Disney4us2
12-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Our breakfast usually consists of churros at the park. I have also brought poptarts, instant oatmeal, and the little boxes of cereal, etc for the room. One day I had the carrot cake cookie from the Writers Stop at DHS... yummy.

princessamygrant
12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
We did breakfast in the room too! We didn't drive for our last trip, so I ordered breakfast foods online from Green Grocer and had them delivered to our hotel. It worked out perfectly!