PDA

View Full Version : Episode 26 - That Was A Weird One

John
12-12-2011, 12:10 AM
The Cast: Melanie, John, Gary & Jeff

Apparently we recorded inside a can - John must have had his webcam mic on instead of his studio mic. Apologies for the quality.

Cancellations: National Harbor deal done, Hyperion Warf, Health and Wellness Suites

John's stay at Pop Century. Rooms are a bit small. Good value for the price. One sink is a challenge. Thanksgiving Dinner was great at the food court.

Trip Report @ the Old Spice Classic at ESPN Wide World of Sports. Restaurant and the ordering system are great. Virtual Fans are for the birds. Customer Service at the Magic Kingdom rocks. The magic that is Disney

Wide World of Sports expanding.

Mel mocks John's countdown.

Best of Holidays - JPL loves the Gingerbread Houses, Mel likes Osborne Lights, Gary says sugar free Hot Cocoa, John votes for the Ice Castle and the different trees at parks and resorts.

RFID on Annual Passes. John compares to the Washington DC Metro System. The implications of having RFID in your passes and keys.

Flower and Garden 2012 Details - Fantasia theme

Muppets on DCL

Exotic Driving Experience

Once Upon A Time Discussion

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, LOVE HERE! (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-26.asp)

Fangorn
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks for yet another fine podcast! Lots of fun as usual.

Steve

John
12-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks Steve

I feel like a dope for having the wrong mic turned on only to realize it a week later when I went to edit things. Oh well. Did the best I could with the sound quality and hopefully it was at least listenable ;)

Fangorn
12-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Not a problem for me. Just call it the "Metro Retro" homage and move on - nothing to see here.

:mickey:
Steve

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I can't wait to listen.... I'll be listening at work in the morning... :secret:

Ian
12-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Not a problem for me. Just call it the "Metro Retro" homage and move on - nothing to see here.

:mickey:
SteveBrought to you (of course) by the Metro Retro Historical Society? :D

Ian
12-13-2011, 09:59 AM
I listened to about the first 40 minutes this morning on my way in to work today and I'm really enjoying it, but I did want to say that Gary ... your story about your daughter "losing her magic" literally made me mist up. That was a great, great example of Disney magic at work. That's for sharing! :thumbsup:

Fangorn
12-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Brought to you (of course) by the Metro Retro Historical Society?

Absolutely.

Steve

AgentC
12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Great podcast as usual.

Loved the discussions on Disney magic and best holiday.

Thanks for taking a minute to discuss Once Upon a Time. I have very little time for tv viewing and it has quickly become my top show to watch.

Ian
12-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I finished the episode on my way in this morning and all I have to say is (as is usual whenever I miss an episode) I really wish I had joined for this one. Good stuff, guys! :thumbsup:

I think you were (again, as usual) hard on yourselves. I didn't think it was "a weird one" at all. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

dpamac
12-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I listened to about the first 40 minutes this morning on my way in to work today and I'm really enjoying it, but I did want to say that Gary ... your story about your daughter "losing her magic" literally made me mist up. That was a great, great example of Disney magic at work. That's for sharing! :thumbsup:

You should have seen the look in the eyes and the sound in her voice when she said she lost her magic. At that point it became my mission to fix that.

Melanie
12-14-2011, 06:12 PM
I think you were (again, as usual) hard on yourselves. I didn't think it was "a weird one" at all. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Not sure what it was, but we all felt like we were a bit 'off' that night. It was, for lack of a better term, weird. ;)

JPL
12-14-2011, 07:00 PM
I never listen to the episodes I am on because I get mad at myself for forgetting something I wanted to say, should of said , could of said, think why did I say, why didn't I say :blush: But yeah I agree with Mel it had sort of a weird vibe when we were recording the show. I know personally I was tired and had lots on mind with an up coming trip and a few other things going on with work and my personal life. Glad you guys enjoyed it :thumbsup:

princessgirls
12-15-2011, 11:05 AM
John...I enjoyed your review of the Pop!! I agree on all levels.
Food Court was a pleasant surprise. Food was actually good. We caved, and ate a dinner there one night during our stay. Kids choice... nice surprise!
The room was small, and although it never happened, at the beginning of our trip, Hurricane Irene was suppose to cause havoc in the Orlando area, and the thought of being stuck in that room was frightening for me!!! My bedroom at home is bigger...YIKES!!!
It all worked out, and we only used the room to sleep and shower. Amen!!
Julie:mickey:

SallyMcQueen
12-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Finally got to listen to the podcast the other day on my way into work. Another good one. Prep and Landing was just on. Hope John caught it.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Just finished the episode.

Funny and insightful as usual.

CAS
12-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Not sure what it was, but we all felt like we were a bit 'off' that night. It was, for lack of a better term, weird. ;)

You guys are that witty pulling your late nighters...I'm wondering how off the charts the podcast would be if recorded at 10:00AM with a couple espressos in you. :mcoffee:

Melanie
12-17-2011, 09:52 AM
You guys are that witty pulling your late nighters...I'm wondering how off the charts the podcast would be if recorded at 10:00AM with a couple espressos in you. :mcoffee:

Funny you say that, because one of my favorites was a night we started recording by 7pm and were done by 9pm. Earlier definitely does seem better, but we have such a hard time coordinating as it is.

Only one I can recall we did in the morning, and that was when John, Gary and I were all at WDW and we hooked in with Ian at home. That one was crazy with technical issues though. :unsure:

dpamac
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM

That's my usual state. Theory is that I died three years ago but caffeine is keeping my heart beating.

JPL
12-21-2011, 08:10 PM
9 PM taping tonight for the final episode of 2011 should be interesting ;)

Ian
12-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Thus far my $100 is lookin' safe. ;)

Melanie
12-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Thus far my $100 is lookin' safe. ;)

Yeeeeeeep! :yes:

diz_girl
12-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks again for another awesome Podcast. Even though there weren't many of you, it was still great.

Thanks also for the Prep & Landing recommendation. I taped both episodes and loved them, as did DS4 and DH.

I also teared up a little over Gary's daughter losing her magic.

And in the last episode, I though that Gary was kidding about having a panic attack in the Pop food court, but apparently he wasn't. I'm a bit claustrophobic and while crowds won't give me a panic attack, they make me very uncomfortable and I can feel my fight or flight response trying to take over, so he's not alone.