PDA

View Full Version : AllStar Sports

TinksGoofyMom
12-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Hardly ever see anything posted about Sports so thought I'd put in my 2cents. I was worried about staying here after being at AKL, WL and CBR on previous visits but just got back and was pleasantly surprised. I have to say that although the theme isn't as unique as the others, Sports was the most convenient and accomodating. My sister's family and I had connecting rooms, as req. We had a pref. rm but were on the opposite sid of pool. It was less than a 2min walk to pool, laundry, food court, and buses. Our DDs loved the movies and games by the pool. We only had 1 bad bus wait to & from DTD. We caught the end of thanksgiving week and beginning of PopWarner but the crowds weren't bad. I would stay here anytime & recommend it to anyone.

DisneyorBust
12-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I also had a good experience at the All Star Sports. DW and I attended our youngest daughters softball tournament held at WWoS this past March. We only stayed there for a few days but we found the resort to be an enjoyable stay. We stayed in one of the Baseball buildings which had us right next to a pool and a short walk to the main building/food court and bus stop.
We'll stay there again.

Goes4FastPass
12-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Our upcoming stay at AStSports (that's an abbreviation that could get tricky!) is so soon that we've already checked in online.

Thanks for the positive words.

We too are booked preferred and requested connecting rooms like the OP.

"Movies and games by the pool" were you given a schedule at the resort?

AlSSports was a compromise for us - a cost savings way to visit WDW in December.

We're looking forward to the trip!

AmandaChan
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
We didn't have a bad experience there. I like how usually you were the first one dropped off and the first one picked up because it's the last in row of the three. glad you had a great trip.

TinksGoofyMom
12-12-2011, 05:59 AM
There is a desk by the pool that posts the events for the evening. I'm not sure about the daily games. It seemed to be when there was a group of kids in the pool mid afternoon. Have a great trip. Also, if you are an early bird, food court is desserted before 7am but by 730 gets pretty busy.