PDA

View Full Version : online DVC bookings coming soon

LoriSan
12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Special Announcement: Soon you'll have the opportunity to book Disney Vacation Club Resorts online!

We have some exciting news. Soon you'll have the opportunity to make your Resort reservations online!

In order to ensure a quality experience, online booking will begin to be introduced next month, starting on January 19. We'll gradually increase the percentage of Members able to make online reservations each day. So in the not too distant future, when you reserve a Disney Vacation Club Resort, we hope you'll try online booking and enjoy the convenience of this new feature.

So next time you reserve a Disney Vacation Club Resort, we hope you'll try online booking and enjoy the convenience of this new feature.

ElenitaB
12-09-2011, 08:11 PM
That is great news! :thumbsup:

vizsla
12-10-2011, 06:27 AM
:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
12-10-2011, 08:01 AM

This is the part i don't quite understand "We'll gradually increase the percentage of Members able to make online reservations each day." Does that mean only certain members will have the option to use it or are they limiting the number of rooms available during the roll our?

Ed
12-10-2011, 08:12 AM

This is the part i don't quite understand "We'll gradually increase the percentage of Members able to make online reservations each day." Does that mean only certain members will have the option to use it or are they limiting the number of rooms available during the roll our?

I took that to mean that they will start out with perhaps 10% of members able to use the system, add another 10% a day or so later, until eventually all are able to use it. Somewhat like the way Facebook rolls out changes to their system. But I could be wrong... :shrug:

Ian
12-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Maybe I'm in a crabby mood this morning or something, but big whoop. They're rolling out functionality Motel 6 has had for a decade and making a big deal out of it. And doing such a shabby job of it they have to roll it out in phases, I might add.

Gee ... thanks ... :rolleyes:

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-10-2011, 09:13 AM
While I agree with Ian that this is not "new" industry technology, and why should we be excited for something that every other resort/hotel/motel/mom and pop shop/bed and breakfast on earth can do?

I am still excited that I don't have to call anymore.

As for the phased roll out. I assume they would rather take a cautious approach to this thing that the big bang theory... and then something go wrong with a system they should have had in place long ago. Better to ask forgiveness from 10% if something goes wrong than bring down something so long overdue and have to ask forgiveness from 100% of it's users.

In any event, this will be 2 months before my 7 month window comes and I can't wait to be able to get instant gratification when I get into BLT or BWV. Hopefully by March, they'll have enough of the major kinks out.

TheDuckRocks
12-10-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm as crabby as Ian I guess - Big Deal!

Ed
12-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Maybe I'm in a crabby mood this morning or something, but big whoop.

I'm as crabby as Ian I guess - Big Deal!

Sheesh, guys... haven't you heard that "'Tis the Season To Be Jolly" ? :santa:

:D

PS - I agree; they should have had this capability YEARS ago.

PETE FROM NYC
12-10-2011, 06:14 PM
I am still afraid to do alot of things online, like making reservations.
I much prefer speaking to a real live person.
And I always get their name in case of problems.

laprana
12-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm glad to hear they will finally have online reservations available, but like others have said, this should have happened years ago. And, judging by the past performances of Disney's IT department and so many problems every time they do an "upgrade" to their system, I don't expect this to be fully functional for at least a year after they roll it out, if then. The last system change Disney made to its computers (that I know of, anyway) was to add the credit card hold for the additional restaurants for people making ADRs. Well, for whatever reason only known to Disney, that resulted in DVC members not being able to make online ADRs for 180+10 because the dining system could not access DVC reservation numbers. I know this because I made ADRs for our May trip in November right at our 180-day mark. God only knows what this new "upgrade" will affect once it's in place! After years of dealing with all of Disney's "glitches," I still just can't understand how such a huge and profitable company can have such a dysfunctional IT department.

Maybe I'm a little crabby this morning, too! :D

MinnieMommie
12-12-2011, 09:17 PM
cool :thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Maybe I'm in a crabby mood this morning or something, but big whoop. They're rolling out functionality Motel 6 has had for a decade and making a big deal out of it. And doing such a shabby job of it they have to roll it out in phases, I might add.

Gee ... thanks ... :rolleyes:

I am in the "it's about time" group as well.

I always wondered why you couldn't make real time reservations online. It will be nice to check availablity round the clock. I feel like such a nudge asking member services to check a bunch of dates to see what we might want to do based on the resort availability but we had no choice.

DVC2004
12-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I always wondered why you couldn't make real time reservations online. It will be nice to check availablity round the clock. I feel like such a nudge asking member services to check a bunch of dates to see what we might want to do based on the resort availability but we had no choice.

I agree. Over the summer we wanted to go to HHI and I called so many times.They were probably sick of me. Sometimes they had 2 nights, sometimes none. I appreciate MS's help at times, but other times I just want to check and be done. It's hard too, when you want to check "after hours" and can't. They open right when I am going to work so timing is bad for me.