PDA

View Full Version : Where would you eat Christmas dinner?

Cinderelley
12-08-2011, 01:23 AM
My initial plan is to not go into the parks on that day since it will be insanely busy, but if a lot of people highly suggest a specific restaurant in a park, I may change my mind.

It will be a group of 6 adults and one 17 year old if that affects your answer.

DizneyRox
12-08-2011, 06:38 AM
I don't think you'll find a place if you're talking about this year.

Next year? On Christmas Day, I have to suggest Epcot, and that means Biergarten for us! One year we did 1900 Park Fair I believe, eating at the parks was much nicer.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-08-2011, 07:58 AM
If you do eat in a park this Christmas, probably Epcot is your best bet. They handle holiday crowds very well. If you don't have ADRs you need to check into it very quickly to get anything.

buzznwoodysmom
12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
We have scheduled Christmas dinner at our resort, Wilderness Lodge. I choose a resort so that we don't feel the need to stay in a super crowded park just for a meal. I picked the resort we are staying at because I felt it would be a better fit for us. If the parks are crazy we can hang at our resort for a bit, have dinner, then try the parks again later in the evening. For me the idea was to eliminate as much stress as possible.

I agree with previous posters. If your talking about this Christmas it may be a matter of what you can actually get. You have a rather big party and guests have been able to make ADRs for Christmas week for 6 months now. There may not be a whole lot to choose from.

SBETigg
12-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I think the best restaurants are in resorts, anyway. I would call now and see what is available. You might be surprised to find things all booked up. But you might also find a very good choice with an opening. I like almost all of the Signature dining choices, and also Grand Floridian Cafe, Sanaa, Boma, and Kouzzina. Good luck!

mom2morgan
12-08-2011, 10:34 AM
I think if I had a choice, I would want to eat Christmas dinner at the Grand Floridian (any restaurant there). Just something about the Christmas atmosphere of that place does it for me :-)

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-08-2011, 12:59 PM
I think if I had a choice, I would want to eat Christmas dinner at the Grand Floridian (any restaurant there). Just something about the Christmas atmosphere of that place does it for me :-)

I was thinking the same thing! The beautiful decorations, the Gingerbread House, just a great choice :)

Mickey'sGirl
12-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Although I haven't yet eaten there, I would choose to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe if it were up to me.

I hope you have a fabulous time!

ElenitaB
12-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Clearly, great minds think alike. I'd go to the Grand Floridian Cafe as well: breakfast, lunch or dinner. My DS just piped in that he'd like Kona. My second choice would be Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. My third choice would be to make dinner at our villa and have a laid-back day.

Hammer
12-08-2011, 11:10 PM
I just checked online for Dinner availability for 7 adults (the 17 year old is an adult) and 35 restaurants come up, with such choices as Boma and Sanaa at AKL, Flying Fish and Kouzzina at BWI, The Wave at the Contemporary, Whispering Canyon Café at Wilderness Lodge, and Captain's Grille at Yacht Club. Nothing at Grand Floridian or Poly, though.

There are also places within the parks listed, as well as Downtown Disney. Wolfgang Puck Café is available for multiple times. I think that could be a good choice as well.

Silver_Surfer
12-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Anywhere theres Character meals, really:thumbsup:

gokatgo
12-10-2011, 04:30 PM
I agree that The Grand Floridian would be festive. Liberty Tree Tavern seems like it would be fun too as would Rose and Crown. And of course, Biergarten - so Christmasy in Germany. What a fun decision to have - enjoy!!

Cinderelley
12-12-2011, 07:14 AM
I am planning for a trip next year. :D It is beginning to sound like the Grand Floridian is the place to be. Time to go browse around the menus. Thanks everyone.

DizneyRox
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Check the Yacht/Beach club area too. It's kindof a pain to get to, but they have some great restaurants. The Grand is beautiful during XMas though.