PDA

View Full Version : Switching resorts during your stay question

emerzmom
12-07-2011, 01:05 PM
I am taking my daughter to WDW for her birthday (first birthday trip for her). We are booked for 4 nights at BLT. She just confirmed her spring semester schedule and it looks like we can add a day on to the beginning and end of our trip...Yay! She had a hard time deciding between Poly, AKL, and BLT. I could just extend our stay at BLT however I was thinking about surprising her with our first night at the Poly then BLT for 4 nights then AKL on our last night. I have no problem with the packing/repacking issue but am a little concerned about getting the baggage and checking in/out issues at each hotel. Is it a big hassle to do this? With only 1 night at Poly and AKL would we have enough time to enjoy the resort or is one night too rushed? We are planning a relaxed quality mom/daughter time trip rather than a park comando type trip like our last one.
Any thoughts?
:magic:
Julie

BeccaO
12-07-2011, 03:12 PM
We did this last December when we stayed at Beach Club and then moved to Saratoga Springs. It's a very easy transition, all we did was have bell services take care of our luggage. We actually took our luggage right to the bell services desk in the lobby at Beach Club, but you could also have them come to your room. They will take care of moving your luggage from one resort to another. We then went to one of the parks and when we checked into Saratoga later that day our luggage was there. I think this is a pretty common occurance for them at the resorts. You can also just get a taxi and do it all at once, take your own luggage and check-in all at one time.

Tigerinvestigator
12-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I say go for it! We do it alot and those are three fantastic resorts. The Poly is our favorite resort and will set the tone for a great trip being your first night. Simply leave your bags packed when you are ready to go to the parks and call luggage to have them taken to your room at BLT. When you check in later in the day they will retrieve your bags for you. The AKL will be a great place to spend your last night as it is an attraction unto itself. Maybe have breakfast at Boma before leaving the next morning!:thumbsup:

Basket Mommy
12-07-2011, 04:18 PM
It's only a pain if you're using the DDP. You have to use up all your credits on one reservation by midnight of the night you check out or you lose them. You have to check into your new resort to get new keys before you can use DDP credits.

buzznwoodysmom
12-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Honestly for me the biggest issue with moving is the packing and unpacking. If your not concerned with that then you should be just fine. It can be a bit of work, but we've expereienced so many resorts by doing this, that we might not have been able to try yet. We have our favorites that we like to return to again and again, but still would like to one day experience them all, and splitting stays is the best way for us to do this. We've suprised our kids plenty of times with extended stays. We've surprised with both the Poly and AKL and our kids have loved it!

Joannelet
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
I agree with one of the previous posts. Only a pain if you have the DDP. If you don't it will be fine moving. I don't know how much you will be able to enjoy the 2 resorts in one night but moving is pretty easy.

mom2morgan
12-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Am I correct that you can't have the dining plan after a resort move unless you also buy at least a 1 day park ticket? I priced that out and it was too expensive to be worth it - so I'm doing a resort hop where I'll be at AKL for 2 days without the dining plan. Or am I wrong about how that works?