PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Hollywood Studios?

Wolf
12-07-2011, 09:31 AM
So I have to warn yall HS will always be MGM for me, forgive me. My question is I've been to disney 7 trips since 2003 now, I feel myself to be a fastpass pro, a DDP beast and a super planner, but for some reason MGM is constantly a maze for me!!! I don't get it cause I can navigate from the tea cups to the MK entrance in less than 15 mins during Wishes but I cannot seem to remember how to get from Star Tours to Tower!!! What tips do yall have for a memory trick I can try?
Help me I'm always lost! :blush:
-Wolf

Janmac
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
While it's true that DHS (formerly known as the park called MGM) hasn't the wheel and spoke set up, you could still assign wheel and spoke points. Or even times on a clock. Have you got a park map? Make the Hat the hub, or perhaps the center of your clock. Pick out a time for ToT and another time for Star Tours, etc. Perhaps that'll make navigating the park a bit easier.

Jan

WDWgoofy
12-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Look at the DHS map -- follow the parade route as shown from Star Tours then turn onto Sunset Blvd

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
I agree! I always get turned around at DHS. No matter how hard I try, at least one during the day I end up looking lost, trying to figure out how to get where I want to go from where I am.

Tigerinvestigator
12-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Never admit you are lost!:secret:

Wolf
12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
@Tiger- I can do that! I'm a girl!

MOJoe
12-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Funny, i never get turned around in the Studios. To me it's not that hard to navigate.
The park is laid out in streets that mainly run east and west. You enter on Hollywood Blvd. Your first "turn" to the right takes you down Sunset Blvd. where many of the big attractions are. ToT, Beauty & RRC. If you don't turn right and keep going straight you will pass Animation Courtyard to your right, which becomes a dead end. Keep going to the right of the hat and you will end up on Pixar Place - the back of the park.
If when you enter the park, you turn left, you will go around Echo Lake. Keep in that direction and you will pass Indy, Star Tours, Muppetts, Streets of America, LMA, ect. There are a few ally's back there too, but eventually you end up on Pixar Place.
So if you just use the landmarks and street layout to your advantage, you should pick it up in no time.

Fangorn
12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Not all who wander are lost.

:mickey:

Steve

White Rose
12-07-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't get "lost" in this park, but I have found it VERY easy to get turned around on the "Streets of America" portion of the park!

On my last trip in January of this year, my friend and I were walking back from TSM (parking had JUST opened) and we ended up in this area of the park attempting to get to the Muppets Vision. I ended up getting slightly freaked out because there was NO ONE ELSE in the streets with us. I mean NO ONE, not a CM, NADA.

Wish I had a trick to help you remember! I just make sure I have a park map and then I get hopelessly lost using it. :blush:

A Big Kid
12-08-2011, 07:37 AM
I agree! I always get turned around at DHS. No matter how hard I try, at least one during the day I end up looking lost, trying to figure out how to get where I want to go from where I am.

There was a study that proved Drew Carey's Sound Dangerous is like an intellectual black hole that siphons the intelligence out and any hum an being within 2 miles, hence people tend to get lost in the area.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-08-2011, 07:54 AM
It always takes me awhile to get my bearings in this park:blush:

PrettyMinnie
12-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I don't get "lost" in this park, but I have found it VERY easy to get turned around on the "Streets of America" portion of the park!

I agree! I find the rest of the park fairly easy and condensed but the Streets of America and surrounding area always makes me feel lost even if I am not!

Wolf
12-08-2011, 08:36 AM
There was a study that proved Drew Carey's Sound Dangerous is like an intellectual black hole that siphons the intelligence out and any hum an being within 2 miles, hence people tend to get lost in the area.

It all makes sense now!! I catch the stupid when I'm near!!! *gasp*

MrPeetrie
12-08-2011, 01:33 PM
This is the only park for which I use a map. I'm pretty good on most of park, but I get a little confused at end of Pixar Place. I need to see map from Backlot Tour over to Lights, Motors, Action. I think you go through a prop store or something. That's my sticking place.

To answer your question: from exit, turn right then left. (Follow parade route as stated earlier.) For landmarks, I use Gertie as icon. Keep Scorcerer's Hat to your left. Then Keystone Clothiers. Once I'm at Keystone's, I can find Sunset Bldv. Straight forward from there.