PDA

View Full Version : Airtran schedule change - Hooray!!

Reesa Roo
12-06-2011, 07:33 PM
My daughter and I are flying to Disney in February to watch my two high school children play with their school band at Disney. We typically fly in the summer when fares are low so I was shocked at how expensive fares were for February break. In September we bit the bullet and bought our tickets on Airtran. We have flown them in the past and have been very happy with their service. We would have preferred to fly down in the morning or early afternoon but those fares were $200 higher than flying in the evening. So, we bought the cheaper late flight with the hopes that Airtran would have a schedule change before February which moved the flight earlier. Saturday I received an automated email from Airtran saying that there was a schedule change and we would not get in to Orlando until midnight. So - I made a quick call to Airtran and due to the schedule change they let me choose any other flight that day that I wanted for no extra charge. Now we get to fly in the early afternoon on a direct flight !! That's the flight I really wanted all along but couldn't afford. The Airtran rep was as nice as could be and was happy to re-book us and apologized for the inconvenience. So - if you get an email from Airtran saying your flight has been changed due a schedule change and you dont like the new times, don't hesitate to call and ask them to rebook you. It might end up working to your favor.:thumbsup:

faline
12-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Congrats! We've been able to change flights when this happened as well.