PDA

View Full Version : funny story, anyone lose luggage on way home

disneymom15
12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Anyone ever lose their luggage on the way home from the airport? We just returned home on Sunday from our disney trip, had a great time. Anyway, our daughter and her boyfriend drop us off at our house and head home. About 45 minutes later (11pm) she calls us crying, the tailgate of the truck was down and her bag is missing. They back tracked looking for it, no luck. So my husband gets dressed and decides to help them look for it. 30 minutes later, the door bell rings, it's a police officer with Abbies bag.
I think from now on, that bag won't leave her side until she's safely in the house.

DVC2004
12-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh geez! Well glad she got it back! Definitely a story you will always remember and remind her of. :D

SBETigg
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
The airline lost one of our bags a few years ago on our return trip. They delivered it to our house within 24 hours, so it turned out to be no big deal. Of course, we were worried about it until it arrived.

MissMaryPoppins
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
When I was growing up my Dad refused to fly to Florida because he was afraid to fly. This meant over 20 hrs in the car. One year we were in one of the Carolinas and I noticed clothes on the side of the road. My parents thought maybe there had been an accident up ahead and we were quiet as we got closer. I saw people on the side of the road gathering everything up and recognized the family. It was our neighbors from across the street! Their suitcases were laying on I-95 with clothes all over. The top of their luggage carrier was thrown on the side of the road. When we got home we found out they forgot to secure the top of their luggage carrier. Luckily no one got hurt or worse.

disneymom15
12-06-2011, 05:24 PM
When I was growing up my Dad refused to fly to Florida because he was afraid to fly. This meant over 20 hrs in the car. One year we were in one of the Carolinas and I noticed clothes on the side of the road. My parents thought maybe there had been an accident up ahead and we were quiet as we got closer. I saw people on the side of the road gathering everything up and recognized the family. It was our neighbors from across the street! Their suitcases were laying on I-95 with clothes all over. The top of their luggage carrier was thrown on the side of the road. When we got home we found out they forgot to secure the top of their luggage carrier. Luckily no one got hurt or worse.

That's funny! My daughters bag was no worse for wear, not a scratch on it. Thought for sure it would have been damaged.

garymacd
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Last year the four of us went to WDW and my niece, her mother and two neighbours came along for the fun. Our niece had only been there once before and was so looking forward to the trip.

Everything went well. Well, almost. Until my beloved wife got sick after eating at Pizza Planet three days before we came home. Then I got violently ill the morning we were to fly home.

We arrived in Buffalo on a South-West flight, again everything going well. Until we landed. All our bags came out, except our niece's. Claims were filed, planes were checked, backrooms and carousels were searched with no luck. She was quite upset, not so much about the dirty laundry missing, but the bag contained Christmas presents for her nieces and nephews.

About a week after getting home, she got a call saying that they found her bags and all the contents strewn all over the back of the airport. It had apparently fallen off the carousel and been crushed open. They would send it to her by FedEx the next day.

Now, here's the funny part:

FEDEX LOST THE PACKAGE ONCE THEY RECEIVED IT!