PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Tiki Poll!!!

Stu29573
12-05-2011, 09:45 AM
No, there isn't an enchanted pole in the Tiki room. Rather, this is a poll to get everyone's take on the latest change in the show. There is another thread going on that has gotten a bit confusing (what with all the "old" , "new" "new-old" "old-new" stuff) so let's just cut to the chase, shall we?

Crud! it timed out before I added the poll! Please refer to the next post...

Stu29573
12-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Here ya go!

Aurora
12-05-2011, 10:01 AM
No, there isn't an enchanted pole in the Tiki room. Rather, this is a poll to get everyone's take on the latest change in the show. There is another thread going on that has gotten a bit confusing (what with all the "old" , "new" "new-old" "old-new" stuff) so let's just cut to the chase, shall we?

Crud! it timed out before I added the poll! Please refer to the next post...

Haha -- I've done that before.

I voted! :tiki:

Strmchsr
12-05-2011, 10:41 AM
I suppose I would fall more in between 1 & 2. Didn't really mind Iago, but like the classic version a lot better.

rjmdds
12-05-2011, 11:16 AM
No poll, but I will say I am very happy with the return of the more traditional Tiki Room. I always felt Iago and Zazu were very distracting. I didn't even know they reverted back until we were there a few weeks ago.

MrPeetrie
12-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I was very excited about seeing the Tiki Room closer to its original show. But after seeing it this past trip, however, I actually missed Iago and Zazu. I was disappointed with the rehab. I wanted to like it more, but I didn't.

WDWfanatic742
12-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Merging threads just then worked surprisingly well :mickey:

Haven't seen it for myself, but have heard good things...

Disneywarrior
12-05-2011, 01:31 PM
More often than not- never mess with the original!

Stu29573
12-05-2011, 01:51 PM
:DThanks for the merge!!!

Disney4us2
12-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I liked the Under New Management version. We get to see the original/classic version anytime we want to at Disneyland.

darthmacho
12-05-2011, 03:48 PM
I had no problem with New Management, and I liked the Iago character, including his song.
I'm going to give the new/old version a chance though, because I've never seen the original. :mickey:

big blue and hairy
12-05-2011, 06:31 PM
I've seen both shows and I have to say the original is nap inducing. I wasn't huge fan of the Iago's version, but it at least kept me awake the few times I went.

:sulley:

Gator
12-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Iago gave it appeal. The kids liked it, and I found the humor very funny. Now it's another Universe of Energy aka nap time at the MK.

Ian
12-06-2011, 10:56 AM
We saw it last month and I was so happy to see the classic original back! :thumbsup:

I could not stand Iago and neither could my kids. In fact, my oldest asked more than once, "Why would they make a show about that annoying bird???"

Both my older kids liked it so much they asked to go back again. It was a big hit with our family and turned a former "must avoid!" into a new "must do!"

HoosierDisneyFan
12-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Honestly I don't care for either version. Though I did like the "Under New Management" pre-show better.

Victor Kelly
12-12-2011, 11:47 AM
I voted for #1. Since I love the original, classic version.

The voice of Iago (Gilbert Gotfried)sp?, makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out, and puncture my eardrums. Glad he caught fire:thedolls:

By the way, my little doll friends from IASW and some troublesome rogues from POTC helped with that. I had a hand in it.

CU Tiger
12-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Nobody in my family likes this show. Even with the refurb, we do not even go in there to cool off. We will give it another show once we hear of the next major change.:mickey:

garymacd
12-20-2011, 11:14 AM
I fell asleep there. What happened?

Victor Kelly
12-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Some birds talked and sang. Some totems sang. Lights came back on, everyone left.

Buttercup
12-20-2011, 07:47 PM
I always liked the original when I was a kid.
Definitely HATED Iago. Saw it once years ago and that was enough.

I think it depends on your sense of humor -- the original version had a lot of puns and clever wit. The Iago version had a lot of crass humor to it. Believe me, I love goofy jokes and silliness... and I definitely am no saint. My husband says I talk like a trucker so I can take a few goofy jokes. :D But I think the combination of Gilbert Gottfried's voice and the dummed-down jokes in the Under New Management version was just too much to take. I'm looking forward to seeing the latest version when I'm down there again.
It's supposed to be a shortened version of the original which I think will be great! It's definitely not a thrilling, exciting show... but then again, it's not supposed to be: neither is It's A Small World and lots of people enjoy that ride too!

brivers222
12-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Loved that it was back to normal! I voted #1.... as with most companies... the new management was terrible!

3Cabsfan
12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
IMO there is no contest...Under New Management was awful!

LudwigVonDrake
12-26-2011, 05:52 PM
I can't wait to see the "real" Tiki Room in July!! :tikki:

Kathy Jetson
12-27-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm excited to see the original in June I can't even remember it without lago. The only thing I don't like about the tiki room is that I have to look up the whole time and had 2 car accidents in the same year with whiplash in both of them and my neck gets so sore looking up for that long. But I must do it anyway.:mickey: