PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies?

SandmanGStefani24
12-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Getting ready to book....need to know any and all info on ASMovies? It's the only AS resort I havent stayed at and want to be sure I will do well, as opposed to staying at a safe bet like Pop....give me the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks again Intercot friends!:number1:

Butters
12-05-2011, 10:01 AM
We've stayed at movies and Pop, and would never do movies again... The resort was very worn looking, and just did not meet our expectations after seeing Pop. It was cold out when we went and the heat was very weak and the room smelled of mildew while it was running. :ack:

Between the two I would say take the safe bet.

brownie
12-05-2011, 01:55 PM
It's been a while since we've stayed at All-Star Movies (our most recent stay was at Pop Century.) The food court is bigger than the other All-Stars and is comparable in size to Pop's. I do like the gift shop being separated from the food court at Movies.

disneyfan328
12-06-2011, 06:20 PM
My family loves ASMovies and will be staying there again for part of our January 2012 trip. The food court is wonderful and I believe that all of the rooms ( or most at this point) have undergone a refurb.
The food court is wonderful and there are tons of choices so there is something for everyone. We found the gift shop good and service was good. we never got any towel animals this last trip but otherwise we felt everything was on par with other hotels. Bus service was good - you share with sports and music if there is room on the bus. I have not stayed at Pop but have heard that they have their own buses so this may be a change for you?
When we were there in 2009 the Dalmations building was given a paint job so I guess the other buildings have been spruced up as well?

ryca1dreams
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Haven't been in awhile, but we loved it there. We went in the fall so it was never really crowded. We stayed in Toy Story both times and it was a great location.

I seem to remember we had our own bus, at least part of the time. That may have changed since.