PDA

View Full Version : Flights Of Wonder

linedropper
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM
We love this show, The gwano Joe guy, Older with grey hair is great! Anyone else think he is the best?

Steve

A Big Kid
12-04-2011, 08:38 PM
With apologies to Guano Joe, I liked the rats better.

Scar
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
FoW is one of my favorite shows in all of WDW. But after seeing it 10 or so times, I can do without the corny tour guide jokes. I WANT MORE BIRDS!

WDWdriver
12-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Far too many guests pass up this very entertaining show because "it's just a bird show". They don't know what they're missing. "Guano Joe" is great (his name really is Joe by the way). But the real star of the show is a yellow naped Amazon parrot named Groucho who can sing seven complete songs - one of them in french! And you don't want to miss the appearance of "Hope" near the end of the show.

JPL
12-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Definitely a hidden gem of WDW that most guests rush past trying to get out of AK in a half day! I have been saying it for years that AK is a park that you really need to take your time exploring!

honeebee86
12-04-2011, 10:29 PM
I agree! FoW is a hidden gem. It is a hard show to sit through in the hotter months but I really hope everyone takes the time to see it at least once. I think if the tour guide is good, then the jokes are still funny.

mom2morgan
12-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Beautiful show - definintely someting we stumbled upon (looking for a cool place to sit down, LOL) and now can't miss. Plus my daughter got to be the one to go up on stage last time and have a math "contest" against the bird. What a treat!

DizneyRox
12-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Little known fact: It's one of the only locations on Disney property where you can actually get your money back!

Truthfully, it's been a while since we've done this as well, so this may no longer be accurate...

Stu29573
12-05-2011, 11:29 AM
You know at the State Fair of Texas they have a wonderful bird show that is very close to the Disney version (which I've seen twice, and really enjoy). The last time I saw the State Fair version (in October) they mentioned that they were based in Orlando. I wonder if they are related?

WDWdriver
12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
You know at the State Fair of Texas they have a wonderful bird show that is very close to the Disney version (which I've seen twice, and really enjoy). The last time I saw the State Fair version (in October) they mentioned that they were based in Orlando. I wonder if they are related?

Yes, they are. FoW is not a Disney show. It is the product of a long-term contract between Disney and a company named Natural Encounters, Inc. The company (NEI) provides all the birds, performers and management. Disney provides the theater, supporting CMs and "Guano Joe" (or his stand-in, "Guano Jane").

Stu29573
12-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Cool! Thanks for the info, Ron! It makes me appreciate the State Fair version all the more!:D

MrPeetrie
12-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Definitely a hidden gem of WDW that most guests rush past trying to get out of AK in a half day! I have been saying it for years that AK is a park that you really need to take your time exploring!

Well said. I couldn't agree more. We always schedule two days at AK -- half day and full day.

Gator
12-05-2011, 11:43 PM
I've seen it several times with Guano Joe, and once with some other gal. Now I walk by during the show to see if I hear Joe. If not, I don't make plans to come back. But if I do hear him, I'll make time to catch the show.

magicofdisney
12-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes, they are. FoW is not a Disney show. It is the product of a long-term contract between Disney and a company named Natural Encounters, Inc. The company (NEI) provides all the birds, performers and management. Disney provides the theater, supporting CMs and "Guano Joe" (or his stand-in, "Guano Jane").
We too love this show. I once saw the version with Guano Jane and was impressed. I like her as much as Guano Joe but my experience is he performs way more often.

I was unaware this wasn't a Disney production. Good info to have. :)

HoosierDisneyFan
12-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Guano Joe is great !! Love FoW show!