PDA

View Full Version : My tentative plans...

mom2morgan
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
and I am SO indecisive!!! Would love any opinions or other suggestions.
Places we have already been and will book again:
Ohana (went once, and we all LOVED it)
Akershus (Hubby is Danish, so a must do for him)
Boma (since we're staying a couple nights at AKL).
So at least we know what to expect the with three above, now my new ones:
Beirgarten (does NOT look good to me, but Hubby is excited)
Coral Reef (daughter's pick - no idea why, since she hates fish, LOL)
Le Cellier - I really want to do this one, but we'll do lunch so it is only one TS credit
1900 Park Fare - for the villain dinner
Whispering Canyon - really want opinions
Crystal Palace - breakfast
Tusker House - breakfast
MAYBE Cape May breakfast

Scar
12-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Beirgarten (does NOT look good to me, but Hubby is excited)What doesn't look good to you? I've eaten there 4 times or so and it has always been good. Maybe not quite as good as the German restaurant by me here, but still pretty good none the less. For overall food value and entertainment, I think it's one of the best on property.

Prost! :beer:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-04-2011, 03:29 PM
You have chosen some of our favourites!

Beirgarten - good food, fun entertainment, we've always had a great time.

Coral Reef - food was good, service was good and it is really neat looking at the fish during dinner.

1900 Park Fare - Cinderella and the stepsisters appear at dinner, and they are a riot. A great choice!

Whispering Canyon - We've always loved here. A great location, beautiful resort, food is "home cooking" BBQ and the antics are entertaining. One of our favourites.

Crystal Palace - You can't beat breakfast with Pooh and the Gang! This is our last morning tradition. A good (but slow) make your own omlet station.

Tusker House - Probably the best breakfast! Great food, some different choices, lots of familiar choices and good character interaction.

Enjoy! :eat:

BelleBeauty
12-05-2011, 02:26 PM
We just did Biergarten for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was one of our favorite meals while we are there. The atmosphere is amazing and I really enjoyed just about everything that was on the buffet. We made our lunch ADR too early so we weren't there when they were playing music, that was really the only issue.

Crystal Palace is always a win. We don't go for the characters, we go to get into MK early and for the breakfast food! Yum!

darthmacho
12-05-2011, 04:03 PM
My opinions:

Ohana: Yes! Hoping to have dinner there for the first time in 2012!

Akershus: Love it!

Boma: Love it!

Beirgarten: I agree with you. Beer and sausage sound good, but the side dishes scare me.

Coral Reef: Nice, but noisy restaurant.

Le Cellier: Love it, and lunch is the way to go.

1900 Park Fare: for the villain dinner: I didn't know they had a Villain dinner! Sounds awesome!

Whispering Canyon: Dining at WL is a tradition of ours, and we've done WC many times. I love bbq, and I love this place, though the food get mixed reviews, I say it's pretty good.

Crystal Palace: Another tradition of ours. We always do this on our first full day at WDW.

Tusker House: Haven't had the breakfast, but I think it might be a similar experience to the old Restaurantasaurus breakfast, which we enjoyed in 2003.

MAYBE Cape May breakfast: Never been.

Possible Suggestions: Yak and Yeti, Chefs le France, and Boatwright's are all places we enjoyed in 2010! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Ohana (went once, and we all LOVED it) : MUST DO... no question there! :tiki:
Akershus (Hubby is Danish, so a must do for him)... good time!
Boma (since we're staying a couple nights at AKL).... Great choice! Since you are staying there a few nights, might I suggest Sanaa at Kidani Village - IT'S SOOOOO GOOD!

So at least we know what to expect the with three above, now my new ones:
Beirgarten (does NOT look good to me, but Hubby is excited): my DH has eaten here before but, I have not. We are planning to all go here next October... He (and the other 2 guys that went) loved it.
Coral Reef (daughter's pick - no idea why, since she hates fish, LOL): We had a great honeymoon dinner here and then an ok dinner here in 2003. Havne't been back since.

Le Cellier - I really want to do this one, but we'll do lunch so it is only one TS credit : never been.

1900 Park Fare - for the villain dinner - I don't think that the villain dinner is here anymore. Only Cinderella and her stepmother and step sisters. Prince Charming is also here. We loved it.

Whispering Canyon - really want opinions - We ate here one time in 2007. My parents really didn't care for the antics. Kind of made the meal awkward. Good food though but, we probably won't be back unless we end up staying at the WLV again.

Crystal Palace - breakfast - never been for breakfast only dinner and we had a great time... good food too.

Tusker House - breakfast - never been

MAYBE Cape May breakfast - only been for dinner. Loved the dinner.

mom2morgan
12-05-2011, 05:44 PM
And I have to correct myself - park pare does NOT do a full-on villains dinner anymore (sadly!). But they have the wicked stepsisters there, and I think Lady Tremaine, so it is still a little "villain-y" :-)