PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Tiki Room

Mary Chase
12-04-2011, 01:28 PM
We saw the Enchanted Tiki Room for the first time since they re-did the show. We really miss the old show - the new show is definitely not as good. Anyone else feel that way?

mom2morgan
12-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I have to agree, and I think the problem is Disney's "need" to update everything to have movie references. I like Iago just fine, but I don't need him in the Tiki Room. I think it takes away Walt's original sweetness. That said, but DH and DD's would proclaim the Tiki Room terrifying and to be avoided at all costs no matter what (same with Country Bear ;-)

Altair
12-04-2011, 02:22 PM
You may need to clarify which show is the old show to you. The show with Iago was the "new" show and the one showing now is the original.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. The "new" Tiki room is really the "old" Tiki room (before "under new management").

We'll see the replacement one next year, and I'm not sure ... I'd only ever seen the "under new management" version, and I really enjoyed it, despite many that I know who despised it.

Strmchsr
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
:ditto: I was okay with Iago. Didn't hate him, didn't love him, but I but LOVED seeing the original show back again when we were there in September. To me it's much more classic Walt than the Under New Management version was.

PETE FROM NYC
12-04-2011, 05:49 PM
We can't wait til next Sept to see the New old version.

MickeysBestPal
12-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Looks like the "restored, old" (current) version of Tiki is bombing.

TheVBs
12-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Our DD7 missed the UNM version, but we all really enjoyed what they have now too. The place was full when we were there in Oct.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-04-2011, 07:20 PM
I have seen both the "old" and "new" versions but not the "restored old" version. I am looking forward to watching the "restored old" version with my DD (who only saw the "new") in June.

As for Iago, I have didn't like the character in the movie and really didn't like him in the Tiki Room. I do understand why Disney does add the newer movie characters to classic rides. They are trying to keep the younger generations engaged and entertained and think that adding newer movie characters in classic rides is the way to do it. But what they sometimes forget - we older generation are the ones PAYING for the younger generation to come to the parks.

LudwigVonDrake
12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
I wasn't that big of a fan of the new management show. I'm glad that most of the original show is back! I can't wait to see it in July! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
The thing that I really miss about the "UNM" version is the preshow. I miss the dialogue between the birds, especially Phil Hartman's voice. My disappointment about that kind of ruined my first few minutes in the show. However, the "original" (non Iago) version is nice. The birds seem to be functioning better and the audio is improved.

linedropper
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I saw it a month ago and thought something was off, Could not put a finger on it. Last time I was in the there was 08.

Steve:mickey:

rjmdds
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Call me a purist, but I love the fact that they reverted back to the original Tiki show. When we went there a few weeks ago I had NO IDEA that they switched it back. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Iago and Zazu had flown the coop...so to speak. It was back to being all about the birds...as it should be. I am concerned that I am in the minority though and Disney will either change it back again or get rid of it. Or worse...but some Princesses in it like everything else.

EeyoresBestFriend
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Call me a purist, but I love the fact that they reverted back to the original Tiki show. When we went there a few weeks ago I had NO IDEA that they switched it back. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Iago and Zazu had flown the coop...so to speak. It was back to being all about the birds...as it should be. I am concerned that I am in the minority though and Disney will either change it back again or get rid of it. Or worse...but some Princesses in it like everything else.

I & 12 of my family members are in that minority as well.

MUCH happier with the version we just saw about a month ago ~ minus Iago and Zazu. :thumbsup:

darthmacho
12-05-2011, 03:51 PM
The only version I've ever seen is the "New Management" version, which I liked. I'm going to give the current version a chance though. I think it will be good. I'm one of the few that actually like Iago. Then again, I like Stitch too. What does that say about me? :confused: LOL