PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite non-park eateries

IloveJack
12-01-2011, 12:58 PM
I get to make ADRs on Sunday morning, and I need a few ideas. On three days, we won't be going to a park (beach, resort, and US/IoA days), but need a place for breakfast or dinner. What are your favorite counter or table service spots that aren't in a park? I'm not looking for DTD places, really... more for resorts. We've done Ohana and 1900 PF for breakfast, and CM's for dinner before. Oh, and we're doing HHD (hopefully) another night on this trip, so it's out.
:blush:Sorry for all the extra info. Just looking for new places with great recommendations!

Ms. Mode
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
We went to Boatwrights last New Year's when the parks were so crowded you couldn't get around; the place was empty! The food was excellent and it gave a chance to catch our breath. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Kona for breakfast is awesome:mickey:

SBETigg
12-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe is great for B,L,D. Kouzzina at the Boardwalk, also very good, breakfast or dinner. For quick service, I like Captain Cook's at the Polynesian or Gasparilla Grill at the GF.

I love the signature restaurants, but I'm guessing you aren't looking for that? You can't go wrong with any of them but California Grill and Narcoossee's are my two favorites.

mom2morgan
12-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Whispering Canyon, Boma, Cape May. We often eat at the resorts after we've been "off site" for most of the day. Our personal must do is Ohana ;-) Cape May has a very nice character breakfast, or all three are good for dinner.

buzznwoodysmom
12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Our favorite resort breakfasts:
Ohana's
Chef Mickey's
Kona Cafe

Our favorite resort TS:
Ohana's
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
California Grill
Beaches N Cream
Grand Floridian Cafe

Our favorite non park CS:
Wolf Gang Punk Express (DTD-I know you said no DTD, but this is so good)
Earl of Sandwich (another DTD-sorry)
Port Orleans French Quarter food court ( shrimp poboy-yum)

RedSoxFan
12-01-2011, 04:41 PM
We ate at Ragland Road, Captains Grille, Grand Floridian Cafe and BOMA's a couple of weeks ago. All were excellent.

sassafras
12-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Boatwrights is very good and never seems crowded and they don't rush you thru your meal. Same for the Captain's Grille. If you don't mind going to the Wilderness Campgrounds, the Trails End is a good buffet in the evening as is the Beach Club's Cape May.

greengeen
12-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Breakfast: Kona Cafe

DInner: Raglan Road!!!, Boma

ElenitaB
12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Olivia's for breakfast is very good, as is Kouzzina.

And yes, you did say no DTD, but it's worth a trip to Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast.

Kenny1113
12-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Another for Boma and Olivia's. Olivia's is good. I really enjoyed the fact that it wasn't crazy and we were able to get reservations for 8 the same day! Relaxing atmosphere.

SBETigg
12-01-2011, 08:51 PM
I completely forgot about the AKL places. I love Sanaa and Boma.

RAIDER
12-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Fultons
California Grill
Raglan Road
Big Brewer
Ohanas

c&d
12-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Yachtman's Steak House. We had a wonderful dinner there.

brownie
12-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Cape May Cafe for breakfast. Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Villas was really good.