PDA

View Full Version : Disney Themed Engagement Gift?

Kairi_7378
11-30-2011, 11:01 PM
One of DH's little fraternity brothers got engaged at the Castle a few months ago, and he has asked DH to be in the wedding. (Friend was in our wedding.) There is an engagement party in a few weeks and I was thinking about getting a Disney themed engagement gift. Can anyone help with an idea of what would be appropriate? The couple doesn't celebrate Christmas, so I can't use my go-to idea of an ornament.

VWL Mom
12-01-2011, 06:32 AM
Since you were considering an ornament I'm assuming you're looking for something small. Perhaps a castle snowglobe or music box?

Mickey'sGirl
12-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Mickey Bride and Groom ears?

buzznwoodysmom
12-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Since they got engaged at the castle I'd get them the castle snowglobe. Last I checked you could order it at the Disney Store online.

minnie04
12-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Since they got engaged at the castle I'd get them the castle snowglobe. Last I checked you could order it at the Disney Store online.

Thats what I was thinking... maybe with the date on it or the year. If there was a way to get their tickets or a picture of them at the castle you could make a small shadow box with the items. I know thats reaching alittle, but it would be cute to have :mickey:

MissMaryPoppins
12-01-2011, 12:21 PM
There's a really cute Mickey and Minnie bride and groom bobble head set. They're magnetized so they're kissing. Another cute idea, I think, is to get the bride and groom ears for the couple to wear at the rehearsal. I did that as a surprise for a friend's wedding and it was a huge hit.

buzznwoodysmom
12-01-2011, 09:11 PM
I had time to look at the Disney Store website today and didn't see the castle snowglobe I was talking about. I did see a few that would be good engagment gifts, but not the castle one that I have.

Bethanymouse
12-03-2011, 09:50 PM
We were married in WDW so we got LOTS of disney wedding stuff. One of my favorites was a mickey and minnie picture frame from WDW. Also, maybe a lennox disney frame?

Kairi_7378
12-06-2011, 10:47 PM
I was in a Lenox outlet the other day and found a series of Disney frames! Thanks all for the great suggestions!