PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Feb

ransam
11-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Our next trip is Feb. 1st. can anyone tell me what the weather is like then?
i have looked it up and seems to be a little warmer than December, but anyone who's actually been there it would help to hear what you encountered.
thanks

Strmchsr
11-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Not sure what you looked up, but if you haven't looked at the historic weather conditions page in Info Central - that's the best place to know. What's cold to you might be warm to me or vice verse, but that will give you more objective data. Other than that, in general it's cool, but not cold. You can get some cold blasts, but they don't last long. Same for rain. Generally it rains every 4-5 days so once during a week long vacation you'll probably face a rain chance.

Main Street Jim
11-30-2011, 04:46 PM
February in Florida? Wow :-) 85, beautiful....30 and pouring down rain - during the day. At night, it cools off quite a bit; I've seen it get down as low as the high teens (16-19 degrees!). The so-called "winter" weather that's experienced in Florida varies greatly from day to day - I lived there in or near Orlando for 40+ years. You never know what to expect :-) My suggestion? Winter coats, sweatshirts/hoodies, long-sleeve T-shirts, long johns (might be needed! :) ), long pants...in other words...layers! :thumbsup:

cajundisneyfreak
11-30-2011, 05:33 PM
We went in February 2010.It was in the 30's.It was cold.We were not prepared and we weren't the only ones.They were selling scarves,gloves,hats,jackets,etc.Magic Kingdom was open till 3:00 am one night.We couldn't stay that late cause it got to the point we couldn't feel our hands anymore.I would definitely bring both summer & winter clothes cause you never know.The weather in Florida is unpredictable.

mom2morgan
11-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Definitely hope for the best but plan for the worst! We went one year (and this was December, so not even quite Feb.yet) and it was so sunny and goreous and hot that we all got sunburned - and the next time we went, we packed mostly shorts and t-shirts. You guessed it - it was chilly and drizzly all week and I froze. That said, it still isn't like the winters where I live - it was more like fall or spring, so I would have been perfectly happy with a long sleeved shirt and sweater!

ThanxForNoticin
12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
We are frequent visitors at the end of Jan and beginning of Feb. I would estimate 6-8 trips over the years.

I agree with most of the posters here - the weather can be unpredictable. But in general, we have had far more nice weather days than bad. We've been there when it's been in the 30s in the morning. But I would estimate that during at least 75% of our trips that time of year, we've had at least 2 days that were nice enough for us to sit comfortably by the pool - sunny and 70s/80s. We need to take more clothes than usual - shorts, tee-shirts, but also jeans and sweatshirts are the norm. At the very least, it will get cool in the evenings.

In general, it can be a great time to visit. Have a great trip!

Gator
12-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I've spent 11 days from two trips during the first week of February, and the weather is perfect. About 65-75 in the day, and cooler at night - just carry a sweater for the evenings.

Buttercup
12-01-2011, 08:26 PM
The past 2 years we've gone at the end of January, early February. This will be our 3rd year going at that time of year. We had quite a cold snap the past couple of years - and we're Canadian so we tolerate the cold pretty well, but it was crazy! The kids were wearing their winter coats, hats and mitts :winter:.... and then a few days later we'd be outside in t-shirts and jeans. We went in February about 10 years ago and we were at Blizzard Beach roasting in the heat! :vacation: So you really never know what it's going to be like from one day to the next.
I agree with what everyone else said: plan on starting your day with a jacket, sweatshirt, t-shirt and jeans, and then strip-off the layers as the day goes by. You'll probably be putting the layers back on after dinner.