PDA

View Full Version : Calling all New York City experts!

disney obsessed
11-29-2011, 07:56 PM
My husband will be in NYC next week. He is looking for recommendations for great eateries. He will be staying in the Hells Kitchen area.

thanks!

Kairi_7378
11-29-2011, 10:05 PM
My favorire NYC restaurant is Becco, which isn't quite in Hell's Kitchen but within walking distance (or subway distance). It is run by Lidia Bastianich.

jmj18
11-29-2011, 10:46 PM
My favorire NYC restaurant is Becco, which isn't quite in Hell's Kitchen but within walking distance (or subway distance). It is run by Lidia Bastianich.

Same here!!!

:mickey:

SBETigg
11-29-2011, 11:25 PM
He won't have any trouble. There are plenty of great restaurants in the area, too many to name and discovering them on your own is half the fun. Lots of great little Italian places, and many other cuisines.

garymacd
11-29-2011, 11:33 PM
P.J. Clarkes!

There are three in Manhattan. The original in a building dating back to the 1800's is at 55th and 3rd.

There is a second in the area of the World Trade Center site and a third at 63rd near Columbus Circle.

Good food, great prices.

there are also two pizzerias that serve great thin-crust pizza from coal-fired ovens. One is almost next door to David Letterman's theatre. It is called Angelo's Pizza. Delicious!

princessgirls
11-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Love Becco!!!
I have eaten there several times. Always good innovative food!!

Little Italy has great places. I just ate at IL Cortile on Friday night and everything was superb!!

Also in midtown, West 46th Street is known as Restaurant Row. Can always find a great place!!

Carmine's Family Style (44th) and Tony DiNable's(43rd) in Times Square also are fun and offer Family Style Italian fare, and a lot of it!! Very generous portions!

Enjoy your stay in NYC~
Julie:mickey:

ElenitaB
11-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Some good suggestions here... is he going alone, in a small group with a bunch of people? That will make a difference.

I'm going to dig around for what were my favorite haunts when I worked in the area and I'll post them later tonight.

MissMaryPoppins
12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm suggesting Carmine's too! It's one of my favorite places to eat in Manhattan. Their meatballs are the size of softballs and amazing! There's a pizza place a few doors down called John's that has delicious pizza. It's very pretty inside and has a huge dining room and a great bar. Little Italy is fun too and my favorite restaurant is Luna 112 Mulberry St. It's a tiny place with about 55 coats of paint on the walls and the floors slant.I love it! If he wants good Chinese food he should try Wo Hop's at 17 Mott St and don't go upstairs go in the basement. It looks like a dump but they have the best Chinese food I've ever had.

jnfr2424
01-03-2012, 06:24 PM
There are three in Manhattan. The original in a there are also two pizzerias that serve great thin-crust pizza from coal-fired ovens. One is almost next door to David Letterman's theatre. It is called Angelo's Pizza. Delicious!

I was standing next to Angelo's Pizza on New Year's Eve! that is the closest I could get to seeing the ball drop (good thing for large TV screens) and I have to agree the pizza is amazing!!