PDA

View Full Version : CBR vs POR vs CSR

BraddyB
11-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Hey guys, need a little help.

Between CBR, POR, and CSR, which resort do you prefer. I have stayed at CBR and WL and it's looking like we will be staying at the moderate level on our next trip. Unless I get a pin code between now and then for 40% off a deluxe. Which of the moderate resorts would you recommend and why?

AllDisney
11-29-2011, 07:45 PM
We really enjoyed our stay at CSR. The Pepper Market is a fun place to get something to eat.

The bus services was great. There weren't that many people using this services (guess most of the guests were there for a conference?).

The grounds are beautiful. We made it a point to walk around and enjoy the surroundings at the end of each day. It was very relaxing:cloud9:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
We have loved our stays at POR. Also, with the reno, it should be fresh and looking great next year!

We love the pool, the great food court, and the quiet pools near the buildings.

Dopey's Girl
11-29-2011, 09:19 PM
I have stayed at all 3 and would pick POR (with CBR as a close second), I really like the rooms and the food court is good (I hated Pepper Market at CSR. It was too spendy and I didn't like tipping for CS food). I also love the gift shop there. Don't know why, I just always find something good there!

Tigerinvestigator
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Another vote for CSR! It is my DW's favorite resort. It is absolutely beautiful and it has one of the better pool/playground areas at WDW. The Pepper Market is different but very good.:thumbsup:

Mousemates
11-30-2011, 04:21 PM
voted POR...but my actual mod preference is POFQ

Kairi_7378
11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
We have stayed at 3 of the 4 mods (POR, POFQ, and CSR.) I would give a slight edge to CSR because the staff was WONDERFUL, the grounds are beautiful, and the rooms have been newly updated. However, we enjoyed all of them. (DH's favorite is POR for the landscaping. POR has a wonderful food court.)

c&d
12-01-2011, 08:48 AM
CSR. The resort is beautiful, the buses were never crowded and didn't share with another resort. Pepper Market, enough choices for everyone in our family.

Mitzie
12-01-2011, 09:04 AM
We ahve also stayed at 3/4 moderates and POR is our favorite. For us it comes down to the theme of the resort. We love the paths and landscaping at POR. I think the main pool with the kitchen sink and things is fun. I like how there are trees around the pool areas for those who don't want to be out in the sun. As others have said we like the CS at POR, can't beat the make your own pasta station! Also of the three, the boat to DTD that you can catch at POR is a nice feature. CSR would be our second vote though also a very nice resort.

darthmacho
12-01-2011, 04:01 PM
It was a really tough choice. I love both CSR and POR, and I have never had the chance to stay at CBR. I'd like to try all three! If forced to choose, I'd probably stay at POR and request an Alligator Bayou room. :mickey:

Hull-onian
12-02-2011, 07:56 AM
We like Port Orleans French Quarter because, it is close to the food court, pool,boat to downtown Disney,very convient. The furthest park out is Animal Kingdom, so it takes some time to get there. If we have to, we take a taxi to restaurants if we have ressies and we are tight for time. We stay in building four, first floor, if you can get it. Whatever you choose, will be fine. It's all about having fun, and not spending a lot of time at the resort.:mickey:

grumpypima
12-03-2011, 09:26 PM
We've stayed at all three resorts. My favorite resort of all time is CSR! We choose the resort based on the time year we are visiting. CSR is fantastic in the summer. We'll choose POR in the spring or fall. WL is our favorite over the Christmas holidays.

Crow
12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
CSR Ive stayed at all three and prefer it. food,location and a few extra things. If on dining plan the Pepper Mkt selections as a quick service were a full meal. although I hear something may change.
CBR prob would b second just cause i stayed there last trip w gf.
RIverside eh. except for boat to DD
Id actually pick POFQ as first place w CSR