PDA

View Full Version : free ddp

motherof4
11-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Does anyone know if disney is offering the free ddp in august 2012?:mickey:

azcavalier
11-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Well, they typically have offered it in the past in September...not sure about August. I don't know that they've ever offered the free DDP during peak times (meaning - Summer).

Also, they won't announce it until a it's only a few months away. They haven't announced the September free DDP until May, I believe. So, no one will know until the Spring at the earliest what deals will be offered around the August time frame.

Dsnygirl
11-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, they typically have offered it in the past in September...not sure about August. I don't know that they've ever offered the free DDP during peak times (meaning - Summer).

Actually, the free DDP has been offered in August for the last 4 years, not sure about before that... we have friends that have traveled during it every August since '08. It traditionally starts the 2nd weekend of August, around the 15th... at that point, "summer peak season" is officially over and it is considered "non-peak" through September.

This past summer, we did the "free dining" promotion for August, which started on Fri the 19th... and it was offered in August '10, with a promotional period that ended late December for reservations. That's the earliest I have EVER seen it offered... like the pp said, it is typically offered more in the springtime.

Right now, free dining in August is being offered soley to Canadian residents, starting on August 19th, so I think there is hope it will be offered to everyone else... we're keeping our fingers crossed, as well! Keep thinking good thoughts that we'll hear something spring '12!! :thumbsup:

motherof4
11-30-2011, 09:31 AM
we have been going to disney in august for the past 5 years and they have always offered free ddp around aug 15 thats why I was wondering if it was going to be offered in aug 2012

FenwayGirl
11-30-2011, 09:36 AM
:mickey:I got free dining in May last year..heading back this May...hoping for the same

mickeyman42
12-01-2011, 06:20 AM
I would think it would be around Aug 19-Sept 29 just like the Canadian offer currently is. I would think that once that booking expires on dec 17 that when the time comes in 2012 to release it to the general public again it will probably be similar if not exact to those dates. probably smaller window however like this past aug. a year out i think it was from aug 18 then it became aug 28 when re-released in 2011.