PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find the Christmas Decs at Epcot "disappointing" this year?

wdw538884
11-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Went to Epcot last evening, and was disappointed at the Holiday decorations this year.
Anyone else? The bare tree limbs at the entrance look horrible! Anyone else? The wall of lights at the entrance to World Showcase are missing this year, and through out the park there seems to be a
signifigantly reduced amount of decoration, at least I think so... Anyone else?:confused:

BrerGnat
11-28-2011, 01:39 PM
I know the World Showcase entrance lights have been gone for a couple years now. I haven't been to Epcot over the holidays, but in two more weeks, I will see for myself! I honestly think that Epcot should not be overdone for the Holidays. Save that for MK. As long as there is a tree, I'm good. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
11-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately, it's looked like that for a couple of years now. I keep hoping they'll bring something back. The bridge going to WS had to be closed because they said it was getting to expensive to keep updated, but they could at least replace it with something new.

tinkman
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
We were there last year the first week of December....and not to add fuel to the "what's wrong" fire, but compared to several other years that we visted during the same time, there did seem to be a diminished amount of decorations. I didn't say anything to DW, but I noticed this all over. What was there was really nice, the castle is awesome and so is the Osborne lights, but I was disappointed in the all the rest...Even the resorts seemed to have cut back.

azcavalier
11-28-2011, 03:11 PM
We haven't been at Christmas for a number of years now, but the last time we were there, the lights along the "bridge" between the World Showcase and Future World were not there, as they had been the previous years. We missed it, but oh well.

However, we're going back in December this year specifically because my DW wants to see Christmas decorations. I hope she's not disappointed!

Ian
11-28-2011, 03:11 PM
They've dramatically scaled back on the holiday decorations in the last five years or so at all the parks, not just Epcot.

In the last two or three years they've done away with the Lights of Winter (the archway), the tree lighting ceremony, and now even the set that used to surround the tree.

It's a shame ... the parks used to be so gorgeous at Christmastime, but once again I guess budget cuts win out over the guest experience. :ack:

brownie
11-28-2011, 03:56 PM
We missed the Lights of Winter last year. We saw them on our 2003 trip and were hoping to see them again last year.

Daisy'sMom
11-28-2011, 04:15 PM
We noticed last year that the decorations were not up to par. We left very sad that Disney had not gone the extra mile like they had in the past.:mickey:

DVC2004
11-28-2011, 04:28 PM
We won't be there this Christmas season, but 2 years ago we were there and as others have said, they'd cut back. Especially disappointing was the absence of the lit and decorated arch, "Lights of Winter", which I had seen in the past and was magical. Sigh. Yes I would rather have someone's job be saved from elimination due to cutbacks but so many guests travel for the festive holiday decor/celebration. It really takes away from the experience. Maybe someday things will go back to the way they were.