PDA

View Full Version : New Years Day ??

MarkC
11-28-2011, 11:40 AM
I know New Year's Eve is horribly crowded, but what about New Years Day, and also Jan. 2nd this year with the 1st on a Sunday? Touring Plans lists them both as a 10. I was hoping the crowds would die down a little. Anyone have any experience with these days? I've got an annual pass and will be in town for a bowl game so if its busy its not that big of a deal, but would like to see a few things while I'm in town. Thanks.

MickeysBestPal
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
The crowds usually stay high for a day or two into the new year (depending on how the days fall regarding a workday/school day situation.)

BUT- In Jan. 2012 (this year's holiday schedule) expect the crowds to stay higher (up to through the week after New Year's day) than in many other years.

That's because many schools are not going back into session until a week into the new year.

We'll just have to wait and see by HOW MUCH that will actually impact the Disney parks.

Melanie
11-28-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm beginning to think that with many schools nationwide not going back to school until the 9th and also with Marathon weekend, the first week of January will be quite busy.

greengeen
11-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Our school goes back on Jan 5 (we live in Florida). We'll be in WDW Jan 1-4. I expect crowds to be pretty high that week, but I still love going in January. You'll see a lot of Christmas decorations still up until at least Jan 7, when the Osborne Spectacle of Lights ends.