PDA

View Full Version : Tablets and Gaming

DVC2004
11-28-2011, 10:31 AM
We are looking to purchase a tablet this Christmas as a family gift for all of us. That being said, we expect our teenage sons will probably be using it alot. I really don't know where to start. Does anyone know what is good for gaming? My boys are really into video games. I have been sort of looking online at the Ipad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab. I'm not super techno-savy so alot of the specs don't mean too much to me. Does anyone have either, or another brand? How about the gaming, does anyone know which would be better (Android or Apple)? I looked at Kindle Fire too but not sure that would be the best choice for what my kids will probably use it for. Thanks for the help. I'm just lost.

DizneyRox
11-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I have an Android tablet (Notion Ink) and an iPad 2. After just an hour on the iPad I can not recommend an Android tablet for gaming.

Maybe I got in too early on the Android, but it's always been quirky on if games will play or not. Depends on if you're running Gingerbread or Froyo or Honeycomb, or the screen size is big enough, etc. Always seemed like I was gambling on if a game would play.

Wth the iPad, it'll just work!

Until Google can reduce the segmentation that exists in the Android world, it can't really compete IMHO.

Pricy for sure, but the iPad is the better choice...

Ian
11-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Agree. Go with the iPad 2.

Carol
11-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Love my iPad 2. :heart: