PDA

View Full Version : Tour Guide Mike

bpressnell
11-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Has anyone used Tour Guide Mike before. We had a friend recommend him, but wanted more opinions. Is it worth the $20?

MickeysBestPal
11-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Has anyone used Tour Guide Mike before. We had a friend recommend him, but wanted more opinions. Is it worth the $20?

He has neglected his site for about 2 years, now.

It is WAY out of date.

It's not worth the bucks, anymore.

Basket Mommy
11-27-2011, 10:30 AM
He has neglected his site for about 2 years, now.

It is WAY out of date.

It's not worth the bucks, anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that. We used TGM a lot before we joined DVC and stopped seeing the parks Commando style. He had great information. I guess I need to stop recommending the site to all my Disney newbie friends.

Scar
11-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Ask anything you would like for current and free info right here on INTERCOT. :cool:

bpressnell
11-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Well we have been to Disney several times over the last 7 years. We just had a friend go this past spring and she said they bought the tour guide Mike thing and loved it. They never had to wait in line for rides for more than a few minutes and the timing for each attraction was spot on. We are actually on our way to Disney right now. Have about 2 hours until we are there. We will be there for this week. Thought we would try to do something different. We also thought it might be more crowded than normal since it is a free dining week.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Mike doesn't update his stuff very often. He does provide good scheduling information though.

SBETigg
11-27-2011, 06:56 PM
If you go by Info Central, you would think we haven't updated in years, too, to be fair. The boards are up to date and spot-on, though. Updating information databases is pretty time-consuming, I think.

kemps@wdw
11-28-2011, 11:38 PM
U must be talkin about my DH. :D That is what our friends and family call him and I can guarantee, when it comes to WDW...he is well worth alot more than $20!

MickeysBestPal
11-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Updating information databases is pretty time-consuming, I think.

Maybe if Mike chose to charge guests a fee for the service he could...

Oh, wait.

Melanie
11-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Maybe if Mike chose to charge guests a fee for the service he could...

Oh, wait.

Good point.

January-2007
12-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I like it for the least crowded parks charts. It's stuff you could figure out on your own but I really like having it there in front of me. It eases my second guessing.

Gregandmel
12-04-2011, 09:33 AM
I like it for the least crowded parks charts. It's stuff you could figure out on your own but I really like having it there in front of me. It eases my second guessing.

Ditto.....I paid for the subscription for our April 2010 trip and it confirmed my own thoughts on parks & crowds, etc.... I thought the information was really good, but haven't been on it for 2 years so not sure what the quality is at this point.