PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace ADR same day as parade taping

BigFatDaddy
11-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Without realizing the parade taping would be Saturday, December 3, we made an ADR for 2:25 at the Crystal Palace. We also have an ADR that night for the Wishes Dessert Buffet. We wanted to try Crystal Palace and weren't able to change it to another day. Do you think it will be pretty crazy?

Strmchsr
11-26-2011, 07:40 AM
CP itself will probably be normal crowded. Main St and getting to CP will be absolutely nuts, but once you get there you should be okay with your ADR. It will be full, but CP is almost always full.

As for your dessert party, generally things settle down a little after the taping ends, which is mid-afternoon. It's a December Saturday which always means the crowds will be high, but you should still be fine with the dessert party. The big impact for you will probably be the crowds after Wishes.

retiredfigment
11-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Go through the stores. Quickest way down Main Street during a parade.

Dopey's Girl
11-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Aside from having to get there through the stores on the left side of the street, you shouldn't have any real problems. Main Street will be a disaster, but for the most part the rest of the park is ok. I have been there for the taping quite a few times. While I wouldn't deliberately choose to be there that day (I like to enjoy Main Street!) if I were there, it would be just fine! No matter what, you're in MK right?!

BigFatDaddy
11-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks for your responses. We were hoping since Main St. will be busy that maybe the rest of the park will be a little less crazy! I didn't think of walking down Main St. through the stores! Thanks for the tip. This will just be our second trip to WDW. We are still learning! We are leaving in the morning!