PDA

View Full Version : Sort of rude workers

beezyboo10
11-23-2011, 07:54 PM
We noticed this trip that some of the CM were sort of rude. They were quick to get on to kids for running and so forth. Even had one tell my son not to touch the chain at a waiting area. He is not a smart butt and told the CM that this chain is broken and needed to be fixed. She fixed it and we moved on. I know that in todays society they are scared of law suits and it will probably get worse.

faline
11-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Sorry you ran into cast members that were less than magical. Most are wonderful but we've run into a person here and there who forgot their sprinkling of pixie dust on the day we interacted with them. It's part of human nature - we all have bad days.

IloveDisney71
11-23-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry you had bad experiences with some less than magical CM's. On my most recent visit at the beginning of October I found the exact opposite to be true. I was impressed by how happy and helpful almost all of the CM's seemed to be during our 3 day stay. It made our trip extra magical. Sometimes a CM just has a bad day I guess. I have to remind myself when I encounter one that sometimes I'm less than magical myself and just let it go (unless they are just really rude and do something totally unacceptable & then I might have to say something).

beezyboo10
11-23-2011, 09:30 PM
They certainly didn't ruin our trip by any means. We were just used to all of them being happy

Polynesian Dweller
11-23-2011, 09:34 PM
We noticed this trip that some of the CM were sort of rude. They were quick to get on to kids for running and so forth. Even had one tell my son not to touch the chain at a waiting area. He is not a smart butt and told the CM that this chain is broken and needed to be fixed. She fixed it and we moved on. I know that in todays society they are scared of law suits and it will probably get worse.

What people often forget or don't know is the 4 quality standards at Disney. In order they are: safety, show, courtesy, efficiency. Notice safety trumps everything else. So, running kids that's dangerous to themselves (falling) and others running into others causing them to fall potentially). Touching a chain, yep safety as well.

They weren't rude but doing exactly what they are trained for, putting safety first. And safety trumps everything else in all businesses.

Main Street Jim
11-23-2011, 09:49 PM
...and....again...

If you encounter these "less than magical" CM's...

LET SOMEONE (IN CHARGE) KNOW ABOUT IT.

Get the CM's name, location of said incident, approximate time and date. Don't "wait until you get home to send an e-mail"; by then, it's too late.

If they (Disney) don't know there's a problem to begin with, then the "problem" won't get fixed.

1) Get ahold of an immediate manager. Not a coordinator, but the manager on duty.

2) Leave a *written* comment at Guest Relations/Guest Services.

3) *Then*, when you get home, send an e-mail.

Same goes for *outsanding* CM's :thumbsup:

beezyboo10
11-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Maybe my son will grow up to be a Disney safety inspector. We were there all of 2 minutes and he noticed it was broken and i am sure she was there for at least a half hour or so and never noticed. I agree if it is for safety then do what you have to do

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-27-2011, 02:46 PM
I find the best way to counteract a grumpy cast member is to treat them with courtesy and a happy attitude. Sometimes that might be all they need to reverse the effects of the grumpies. Who knows who/what they just had to deal with?

Of course, if they are really over the top rude, then you shouldn't have to deal with that and should report it ASAP. Maybe they need a supervisor to snap them out of it.