PDA

View Full Version : Rude People

beezyboo10
11-23-2011, 07:48 PM
I encountered more rude people this trip than ever before. We go every 2 years so it may have been a slow change to rudeness and we just noticed. I only had a few things happen to us, where as i saw lots of other people having to get ugly with folks for taking their spot waiting on a parade. We even had a man tell us yesterday that the wait for the Jungle parade was 45 minutes in front of the Dinoland entrance. I think he wanted us to leave and then take our spot. At the lighting of the castle ceremony my family and i walked up to the rope and a women kept walking up to me but not not speaking. She then said i have been here for 30 minutes holding this spot. She had a stroller, one kid and herself trying to hold about 20 foot of space. I kindly asked her did she need the entire space and she got rude so i got rude back and stood by each other through the lighting. She was reserving all that space for her and her stroller. I know i am venting but it still bothers me.

Unlimitedfun
11-23-2011, 08:14 PM
We had kind of the same thing...only the result was different...my hubby and I sat in front of the castle for the fireworks...a lady said I'm holding some spots for my kids...I asked how many..she said there were four people...but as long as I didn't move forward it woud be ok....I even helped her keep the spaces open....we ended up having a wonderful conversations...all ended well....

JenniferS.
11-24-2011, 07:34 AM
This past trip I had a not so pleasant experience on the bus. My 3 yr old son was yelling on the bus and we couldn't get him to stop. He's a very loud kid and for some reason he randomly bursts out with a loud yell. Sometimes he sounds like he is special needs, but he's not. This family was sitting across from us, a mom, dad and maybe 10 yr old daughter. Well, the mom and daughter were blocking their ears. Then the mom says, I wonder how the bus driver can even concentrate. I was so mad. When you go to Disney you have to expect these things. We were trying to get him to stop, but he wouldn't. I forgot to mention we were the only people on the bus, so it made it worse. We were on our way back to the hotel so the kids could nap/rest. I wish people could understand that kids sometimes do these things.

EeyoresBestFriend
11-24-2011, 03:56 PM
We had both on our last trip.

Some great folks - like the ones who had no problems holding their balloons down so we could see the castle for Memories & Wishes and a fun group of folks that formed a human "clear area bubble" around a young man in a wheelchair so he could see Illuminations with no one standing in front of him! :thumbsup:

And some dips that made themselves look like the idiots they were. The one that made me shake my head was a lady standing with a HUGE double stroller angle parked on the sidewalk in front of the Emporium on Main Street so that it blocked the whole sidewalk. Eyah . . . after the fireworks . . . and when my DH commented on it blocking the sidewalk she snarled at him "It's my vacation too!!!" :confused: Really? I guess she paid for the sidewalk?!?! . . . . . :D

lynnek
11-25-2011, 10:38 AM
We visited recently and had mixed experiences. I was amazed at the amt of people who would push in front of wheelchairs or motorized vehicles waiting to get onto the ferry--there was no danger of not getting on,just needed to be first. Those with motorized vehicles--yes, they are vehicles--when you need to stretch your legs, no one can sit in that thing all day and you let someone else ride--maybe a training lesson before you leave the resort would have been a good idea for your helper. Cutest thing--grandpa or great, pushing a wheelchair filled with two little girls around Yatchsman to stretch his legs. The monorail poles are not for pole dancing. Didn't know it was such a popular sport for young boys with 4 adults watching. Here's a thought, don't push them around the parks in the stroller since they have that much energy! Or leave them in the stroller on the monorail. When you ignore your child acting that way, I will get upset when they are in danger of kicking my child who is sitting in the stroller and let you know. To those two women who gave unused fast passes to my tweens for Everest--they said they thanked you, but they were soooo thrilled I'm thinking they may have just stood there with their mouths open--so thank you. When I'm sitting having dinner, maybe you shouldn't hover over my shoulder to see what I'm eating--ask my waiter, it's a little bit of a personal space thing--or even ask me--my food doesn't like to be leered at:) That was just weird. Sit down restaurants are just that--to sit down and relax. If your kids get restless--I know they do,mine do, sometimes it takes forever--playing tag through the restaurant isn't good, or hide and seek. Maybe if you're the adult-in-charge you need to know where the kids are so they're not going into the kitchen tripping up the wait staff. These are actual experiences two weeks ago. Not judging anyone, just making observations.

Gator
11-25-2011, 02:41 PM
On my last trip at Christmas time (08), I had some trouble at the MK parade. My family and some friends of ours had camped out in the circle in front of the castle for an hour. Then a family, who I'm almost positive was from Brazil, came and crowded into us like it was a soccer match. My buddy even received a head-knock to his... nether regions. Couldn't believe it.

The next night at Epcot, we grabbed a spot for Illuminations in that area near Morocco where Aladin can be found in the day. It's a little walkway with iron fences on each side. My buddy said, "I'll be right back." He came back with several plastic Disney bags. He then tore them and made them into "rope", which he then tied to the fences and essentially made a police line. Oddly enough, no once crowded us and no one even came to tell us to take it down. I wouldn't recommend doing this, but it was a great WDW memory.

ryca1dreams
11-26-2011, 09:44 AM
I wish people could understand that kids sometimes do these things.

I don't really fault children for poor behavior. Behind every child there is at least one parent who should be acting like an adult.

I still can't explain teens, though. Can anyone?

Ian
11-26-2011, 01:07 PM
We just got back from a quick six day trip and I have to say that, for the most part, things were fine. There were a few incidents here and there, but overall nothing too crazy.

One thing I did notice, though, is that the state of parenting in this country continues to decay. I saw more and more parents just letting their kids do whatever they wanted, whenever and wherever they wanted, with no regard for anyone around them. Probably the most appalling was in the line for Buzz Lightyear where these two kids opted not to wait in line but climb over and through the railings, sitting on them while waiting for their party to catch up. They were pushing through other people, jumping around, and generally making a huge nuisance of themselves.

I actually assumed they were by themselves at first (although they looked kinda youngish), because I couldn't believe any adult would let them behave that way. But nope ... I finally realized what they were doing when I saw a group of four or five adults waving to them from their place in line. When they caught up to them the kids jumped down, slid through two or three more railings, and then climbed up further along the queue to wait for them again. The parents/adults were just chatting away basically paying no attention to the dirty looks they were getting.

:shrug:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
11-26-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't really fault children for poor behavior. Behind every child there is at least one parent who should be acting like an adult.

I still can't explain teens, though. Can anyone?
Sure can - Teens that are unruly and rude are the direct result of parents that entitled them as children and then are too shocked now to correct it. OR they want to be their teen's friend and not parent them now. I pride myself on the many complement I get on my teenagers' behavior. I have raised 2 boys to adults and have 1 teen daughter and son left to go.

As for rudeness, unfortunately - common courtesy is going the way of the DoDo bird.