PDA

View Full Version : Small World

beezyboo10
11-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Can someone tell me why they switched the loading area to where to unload area used to be? I have lots of other comments and questions from our trip and will post later.

faline
11-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't really understand why they did this. It's really backwards since you now wait in line behind the clock instead of being able to enjoy it while waiting in line. Then, when the ride ends, you can't really linger to enjoy the clock without impeding the progress of others who are trying to exit the ride!

Buttercup
11-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I noticed that the last time we were there as well.
My only guess is, they can fit more people waiting in line at the "back" of the room than they can at the "front" of the room. I'm thinking that when the lineup used to be at the front, they would often have additional roped-off queues outside of the ride if they were really busy (which blocked off part of the walkway through Fantasyland). But they may not need those "rope queues" as often now because I *think* the back-side is a longer area for people to queue in, and therefore better served as a lineup, not an exit.

But that's just my guess! I have nothing to back that up!

dinahvixen
11-23-2011, 07:39 PM
They're still using rope lines outside even with the changed line pattern. I wondered why they did it, too...
Seems like you're missing out on the theming, but I wonder what someone thinks who didn't see it the old way.

IloveDisney71
11-23-2011, 09:06 PM
I don't really understand why they did this. It's really backwards since you now wait in line behind the clock instead of being able to enjoy it while waiting in line. Then, when the ride ends, you can't really linger to enjoy the clock without impeding the progress of others who are trying to exit the ride!
Exactly - you can't see the clock at all. :(

Main Street Jim
11-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Their reasoning was that it "makes for better traffic flow". Instead of guests running into each other where the old entrance met the old exit (with the "rope"/chain queue on the far left of the upper level), now guests exit from the lower ramp and to the far right (near Pinocchio's Village Haus).

Buttercup
11-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Ah, that makes sense Jim.
I still say that the extra rope lineups aren't as long as they used to be -- aren't they now at least all covered by the roof? I remember when the additional rope lineups were OUTSIDE of the roofline and in the scorching sun... in the middle of the walkway!:ack: