PDA

View Full Version : What NEW Table Service Restaurant Would You Suggest?

ChewyStriker
11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm hoping to book the free dining plan for my son and I for the end of January for just 3 nights, and I know he will want to book the Crystal Palace BF and Coral Reef for dinner, but I will be able to select one more sit-down meal either at a resort, downtown or at the Animal Kingdom during our stay. I've tried the following: Kona, Boma, Rainforest, Ohana, Captain Jacks, 1900 Park Fare and Whispering Canyon. What others would you suggest? :mickey:

Janmac
11-23-2011, 01:37 PM
You know, we had a great time at Boatwright's at Riverside. We did have a high energy server which always helps. We enjoyed the boat skeletons in the overhead and the extensive menu provided something for everyone. We ate here with an extended family group which included a 4 year old.

We would try this restaurant again.

Jan

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Not sure how old your son is, but, there are many different character dining opportunities if he's into that. I would suggest..

Ohana's at the Poly, Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, Yak n Yeti in AK or maybe TRex in DTD. Again, all depends on what your son is into.

Tinkerbellfan
11-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Jikos at Animal Kingdom Lodge is wonderful but it is a signature restaurant.

We also really liked Beaches & Cream but you can't get a advanced dining reservation for it. It is more of a burger and icecream sundae 50s dinner.

We also really liked Yak & Yeti but we have only gone their for lunch.

rjmdds
11-23-2011, 03:23 PM
I would recommend the new La Hacienda de San Angel in Mexico at EPCOT. I would try to get an ADR for around 8 pm so you will be having dessert right at the time of Illuminations. The food was fantastic excellent. It was not your typical Mexican fare. The view for Illuminations was spectacular. The lights dimmed, the music was piped in and we had a great view. And it was only one TS credit. I would highly recommend it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Well Sanaa looks interesting, and I wouldn't mind trying Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club or Kouzzana or Wolfgang Puck's...so many choices....:confused:

RichGuy
11-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Sanaa and Grand Floridian Cafe are two of my favorite 1 credit places.

For two credits, California Grill or Le Cellier.

Don't overlook Tokyo Dining, either... surprisingly good.

Mickey 101
11-23-2011, 09:25 PM
One of our favorite places to go is Jiko. The atmosphere and food are both wonderful and DS and DD both love it! The menu may seem a little eccentric but it is actually delicious. The service is also great, CMs are very friendly:thumbsup:

gaffz70
11-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Not sure if you have a younger/older son, but if you want another character dinner, we love the garden grill - good food, rotating restaurant with different scenery and quality time w/ characters(chip, dale, Mickey & Pluto.
Also recommend teppan edo in Japan. Great hibachi style entertainment!

Kairi_7378
11-24-2011, 07:26 PM
We had a wonderful meal at Sanaa in September.

I'd also suggest Whispering Canyon Cafe.

tinxmom
11-25-2011, 10:24 AM
I would not recommend Whispering Canyon for lunch - maybe for breakfast or dinner. We were there recently and the food was fine, but the service was not up to par. No joks, no antics, just usual service. On another note, we ate lunch at The Plaza in MK for the first tim and it was EXCELLENT! Can't beat the location and the food was yummy. Great floats, milkshakes, burgers.

SBETigg
11-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Sanaa, Via Napoli, Kouzzina. Three very good choices.

HoosierDisneyFan
11-25-2011, 03:40 PM
...in a resort, downtown or at the Animal Kingdom ...

Hve you tried Yak & Yeti? This is really good TS in AK.

Cinderelley
12-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Maybe Hoop Dee Doo on a night after you do Animal Kingdom.

DisneyorBust
12-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Via Napoli and "Ohanas were the first to come to mind for me. Both very different and very good!

mom2morgan
12-07-2011, 10:22 AM
For "new" I'd recommend Sanaa. I haven't been there yet myself, but have read LOTS of good reviews!

Disney4us2
12-07-2011, 02:10 PM
We love Yak & Yeti at AK park. Love the fried cream cheese wonton's.:thumbsup:

Figment1988
12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I recommend Rainforest Cafe as well. It's much better than Tusker House's character lunch.