PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer Island Paint Brushes.

cknorr28
11-23-2011, 10:15 AM
I just read a letter on the Disney Insider web page about the hidden paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Island. There are 8 brushes hidden on the island in the morning by a cast memeber and if you find one you get special Fast Passes to Splash Mountain. Anybody ever find one?

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
This has been going on for awhile now. We haven't found one but, boy do we look hard for that thing.

joonyer
11-23-2011, 12:31 PM
The paint brushes are really "hidden" very well; most are in plain view somewhere. That means you pretty much need to be on the first raft to the Island at opening to have a chance to find one before they are all picked up. We knew about it ahead of time and got there early to be on the first raft. Our boys found a paintbrush easily, laying right in the middle of a path. But if they hadn't known ahead of time its significance, I'm sure they would have left it laying right there in their rush to get to the fort. They loved TSI. Our reward was a "front of the line" pass to either Splash Mountain or BTMRR. Very nice on busy days.

LVT
11-23-2011, 05:54 PM
We found one a few trips back too.

Main Street Jim
11-23-2011, 09:51 PM
*FIND* one....???

Heck, I used to *hide* them things :D

AuntLaura
11-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Agree. You usually need to be on the first raft over. The cast member usually tells you the story about how Huck and Tom left the brushes. We had it once whether the CM didn't tell the story. We asked and they did have the brushes out. They might be in plain sight, or hidden. It's fun for the kids to run around and look. Only one paintbrush per family. It can be quite competitive if there are enough people on the raft. I've been told they might put the brushes out later in the day, but I'm not sure if that's correct or not.

waymickey
11-24-2011, 11:00 AM
*FIND* one....???

Heck, I used to *hide* them things :D

Any tips where to find them? Are they hid in the same places are are they just up to the CM who are on duty that morning? My husband found two, My sister found one and she wasn't looking!!! I look every trip and can never find one. We are the first off the first raft and I take off running but can never find one.:(

DisneyFr33k
11-24-2011, 01:42 PM
We found one last trip. We found it in the mill house. Also, someone had put one on a rock and in the fort. We had a choice of fast passes to Splash Mountain or Big Thunder - for the whole family. The cast members re-hide them throughout the day.

Main Street Jim
11-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Any tips where to find them? Are they hid in the same places are are they just up to the CM who are on duty that morning? My husband found two, My sister found one and she wasn't looking!!! I look every trip and can never find one. We are the first off the first raft and I take off running but can never find one.:(Just...wherever the CM happens to place them :-\ I used to take the raft across, and *hide* them :) In the windmill up in the rafters, in the barn, in each of the caves, in the fort....and, guests would bring them all back after we told our "story". MOST of the CMs just throw them in the walkways, on a railing somewheres, etc., in plain sight. Remember, too, though....there *are* two islands to search, not just the one :) You have to cross the bridge to the fort! And...there's an "escape tunnel" cave at the back of the fort!

waymickey
11-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the tips. I do go to both islands and I go through the caves too. I hope i can find one next time I am there.
Is the bag of gold in the cave real or rumour? I heard if you find it you get an ultimate fast pass.

Main Street Jim
11-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Is the bag of gold in the cave real or rumour? I heard if you find it you get an ultimate fast pass."Bag of gold in the cave"? Never heard of this one. Never heard of an "ultimate FastPass", either. If you mean the "diamonds" shining in Injun Joe's cave, it's just....really good Imagineering :) No *real* gold or diamonds.

CU Tiger
12-19-2011, 12:50 PM
We found at least one paint brush on each of the three seperate occations we tried. We were on the first boat over and there are typically 6 to 8 of us. Most are in plain view, but some are a little harder to find. The hardest one for me to find was in the cave. This was because I could not get my eyes to adjust to the dark. One year, we found 4 of them. We only kept one of the 4 and either gave them away or hid them somewhere new. It is a lot of fun, but you have to take the time to get there early and wait for the island to open.:mickey:

Grumpy.
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
During our last visit to the world, it was part of our grand plan to find one of those paint brushes. We were first in line, about 15 mins before the first raft was scheduled to head over. As you may be aware, it is a pretty wide ramp down to the rafts and I found it incredible how some people ran around us as we went down to the raft. No biggie, we made it on to the first one. Then just before we reached the island, the CM told the story about the paintbrushes and they may be still out there. If you find one bring it back to him. I overheard a lady tell her son "Great, now everyone will be looking for them." I told her, everyone on this raft already knows about those paintbrushes!! Well, without revealling any hiding places, my son found a paintbrush about 45 seconds after we landed. He was ecstatic! We took some awesome pictures of him finishing the fence paint job. He walked around with that paint brush like he has just slayed a dragon! He traded the paintbrush for FP's for the six of us for his choice of SM or BTMR. Mission accomplished!! :mickey:

Tinksmom
12-20-2011, 12:14 PM
We found one last year in the afternoon in Joe's cave. I was estatic!!! My daughter was happy to get the Fast Passes and my husband didn't understand what a big deal it was. When we got home and he told a friend of his who is a big Disney fan, he finally got what a big deal it was. No - don't just believe the wife in the first place. ;)

Allenfow98
12-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I have actually never heard a cast member tell the story, all the times we have went. Is it mandatory or just something they do if they want to.
We did find one a couple yrs ago, it was in Jan., the parks were dead with no wait anyway, so we kept the passes given to us as a souvenir.