PDA

View Full Version : which park on a rainy day?

Mary Chase
11-22-2011, 07:37 PM
If you were going to be in a park on a day with rain to severe storms, which one would you pick? We've only been caught in a major storm once and it was at AK and it was terrible. I'm thinking Epcot or MK would be best - just to have some places to duck into when it rains.

Butters
11-22-2011, 09:21 PM
I would pick MK, there is a lot of walking in Epcot

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
11-22-2011, 09:52 PM
We've done them all - DHS and MK were best, AK was not as fun, but Epcot had the most walking between "rides".

SBETigg
11-22-2011, 10:27 PM
I think AK is the best park in the rain. We were also there during a major storm. The animals were very active and the place was nearly empty. There were plenty of places to duck in and dry off. It was one of our best park days. So, if that wasn't for you, I'm not sure what to recommend. Maybe try DHS.

Tigerinvestigator
11-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I would choose Epcot because there are alot of "extra attractions" inside the pavilions. For example: Nemo and Friends has seabase alpha, Spaceship Earth and Mission Space have alot of activities after the rides, The Land Pavilion has three attractions and you can spend time eating or take a tour, and you could ride shop or eat in Mexico! I could spend a day just in Innoventions while it rained!:thumbsup: Our girls love to spend alot of time in the Imagination pavilion where you could ride, catch a 3-D attraction, or play in the Image Works.....Not only have I made my point, I have convinced myself!:confused:

Tink#64
11-22-2011, 10:39 PM
We were faced with this very question on our very first park day of our first ever trip! I had remembered reading in one of the tour books that to save a rainy day - go to Epcot. We did just that and it was great!

Yes it's true, MK's attractions would be closer in proximity, so less time walking in the rain, but they also have more attractions that could be closed due to the weather! Epcot's are almost exclusively inside, so with a little more walking, you would be able to enjoy most everything in the park! Just my :twocents: To me anyday in WDW is a great day & I'm sure that you'd have fun in any of the parks rain or shine! :mickey:

Mickey 101
11-22-2011, 11:30 PM
We have done all parks in the rain and really prefer to do EPCOT. We basically stay in World Showcase and just do some shopping at the various stores in the countries, stopping in Mexico and Norway for the rides. It isn't bad over in Future World either because of the pavilions. My only recommendation about going to EPCOT would be that you may want to go to either World Showcase or Future World and stick with it until the rain stops because it is quite a bit of walking to go between the two in the rain.

RAIDER
11-23-2011, 03:12 AM
It has to be Epcot for me as it has more shelters in both worlds and more eateries ,so you can carry on the day in a normal fashion :thumbsup:

JenniferS.
11-23-2011, 06:42 AM
I would say MK. We were there a few weeks ago on a very rainy morning. We're talking ponchos and umbrella's. The park was really empty. We got to meet Rapunzel in less than 20 min. and was told that she usually has a 2 hour wait. The rides were practically all walk ons. The cm's were commenting at how "dead" the park was. I think it's a good choice because it has a lot of rides close together and you have lots of places to duck in to avoid getting wet. The downside is having to carry umbrella's and some rides you have to take the ponchos off, so your carrying some pretty wet things. I had jeans on that morning and they were soaked a good amount at the bottom. We weren't going to let the rain stop our fun.:cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Mk:)

ANG
11-23-2011, 08:35 AM
I would think DHS would be best since there are more indoor rides and shows.

Auntie B
11-23-2011, 08:56 AM
EPCOT would be my pick. I could spend hours in Mouse Gears! :thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
11-24-2011, 05:29 PM
doesn't matter to us. Ponchos on and let's move along! :D

JPL
11-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Actually they all have their pluses and minuses in the rain.

MK - rides are closer together but certain rides will close if there is lightning in the area. Splash, BTMRR, Dumbo, TTA, JRC, Magic Carpets all can close due to lightning.

Epcot - attractions are longer and offer extra post show areas but there is alot more walking and very little cover.

DHS - lots of indoor attractions and a small park but not really a full day worth of attractions also a few time ToT was closed due to lightning when I was there.

AK - animals are more active during and after the rain. Most of the attractions are outdoors so very little relief from the rain

Also rain can interupt fireworks, parades and other outdoor shows so plan accordingly. If it's raining and you really want to see the MSEP and only have 1 day for the MK chose a different day.

tjstrike
11-27-2011, 05:08 PM
I would say DHS because of the indoor shows, rides and plays that it has to offer.

PrettyMinnie
11-30-2011, 01:56 PM
I would think DHS would be best since there are more indoor rides and shows.

These were my thoughts as well! I am thinking maybe hitting all of the shows, perhaps a few rides and shops as well! Rain doesn't deter me to terribly much but if DHS seems like a very sensible bet! :thumbsup:

Mousemates
11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
For us the answer is DHS...indoor rides and more shows where seats are at least under cover.

Silver_Surfer
12-01-2011, 12:29 AM
I'd avoid AK unless you like the rainforess feeeling;)

linedropper
12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
I honestly dont think one is better then another in the rain, They all have plusses and minuses. We like the rain cause crowds are usually low but you lose alot of the disney extras. Like Hollywood stuios there are no characters doing shows. Its fun but you lose the DISNEY EXPIERIENCE!

crltkcagle
12-05-2011, 10:23 AM
I am usually soaking wet while in Ak from riding Kali so I guess I would pick AK. LOL