PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Ever Do the Chase Character Meet 'N' Greet at EPCOT?

Goes4FastPass
11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Have any of you ever done this? Is it worthwhile?

From the Chase Disney Visa website: Character Meet 'N' Greet at our Private Cardmember Location

Perk: At Walt Disney World® Resort, stop by our private location—reserved just for Cardmembers—to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters. Get a complimentary 5 x 7 photo, too!
When: Offered daily between 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM

Where to go: Innoventions West at Epcot®
What to do: Simply present your Disney Rewards Visa Card to enter the event.

faline
11-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Once. It was quite nice. The line wasn't long (or I'm not sure we would have waited) and I think we waited about 15 minutes before we entered. Since we were two adults, without kids, we didn't spend much time with the characters present but we were able to go get our free photo later in the day.

SpecJoe Magic
11-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I think it's worth the time. The wait is typically very little or none at all, and you get to have a nice, private experience with the characters that's hard to come by at WDW. When we did this two years ago, we got to meet Minnie and Goofy, though I assume the characters rotate, so you never know who you'll get to see.

Disney Doll
11-22-2011, 02:07 PM
We got Minnie and Goofy last month as well. I think it is worth it. There was only one family in line ahead of us so it was very relaxed. The characters spent more time with each group and it didn't feel rushed at all.

WDWForever
11-22-2011, 02:23 PM
We go whenever we get a chance on our trips. Sometimes there is a line but it goes fast. They take one family in the room at a time. The characters rotate, one time we got Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto. While the last time we went (Aug 2011) it was just Mickey and Pluto. But the free 5x7 makes it worth it because you choose from a bunch of photos and can edit the photo and add a custom border. I think worth it.

AgentC
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
We went and enjoyed it. Since it it private the character interaction is great. We would do it again but I never seem to be in the area at the right time.

Unless something has changed you have to go and pick up the photo at the Camera store towards the front of Epcot. It takes about 30 minutes before the picture is ready so you wouldn't want to do it right before you were planning to leave.

Goofeygal
11-22-2011, 03:08 PM
We have done it a couple times over the years and always have had a great time.

Eponine
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Just did this last week. Got there prior to 1:30pm and was like 5th in line. Line moves quickly and it's worth it.

Minnie and Goofy were there this time around.

Gator
11-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Strange, but I haven't done this the last 3 trips, even though I knew about it. The kids would no doubt love it. Unfortunately, it falls right in the middle of when World Showcase entertainment is in full swing, so it's hard to go back to Future World in the middle of the afternoon. Maybe if it were held in the UK pavillion or something, I'd be tempted to hit it.

Georgesgirl1
11-22-2011, 03:42 PM
We have done it. The line wasn't too long and the pictures turned out really cute. The characters spent about 10 minutes with us. Goofy played hide and seek with us and Minnie flirted with DH!

Goes4FastPass
11-22-2011, 03:51 PM
So, Thanksgiving :pilgram: to my Intercot buddies for the replies!

This may just the thing :pilgram2: for my family!

Eponine
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM
10 minutes with the characters!!! Wow....we were lucky if we had 90 seconds in there. They will moving everyone along quickly! Lucky you :thumbsup:

Butters
11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Is this easy to find? I have never seen it but would love to try in Feb

sassafras
11-22-2011, 05:10 PM
We do this everytime we go to DW. We think it's well worth it. The free 5 x7 is great since you get your choice to have printed. We've have different characters (usually the various combos of the main ones). It's not hard to find, just not much signage. If you go into the front side of Innoventions, (closest to the front entrance of Epcot) and head straight back to the back, there is a curtained off area in the corner. There is usually an attendant there a few minutes before the starting time. Be sure you have your Disney Chase card with you. They will check it before you're allowed in.

TinkerbellsMom
11-23-2011, 06:08 AM
We've done it twice and had Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy both times. The characters were very playful with us as I got to dance with Mickey. Definately worth it!!

TinkerbellT421
11-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Is this easy to find? I have never seen it but would love to try in Feb

It is relatively easy to find. It is in the Innoventions West building right near the "Fire" exhibit. Theres usually a sign there to easily find it.

It is a great experience. I have some great pictures from then! Goofy proposed to me and wouldn't let me leave and kept throwing himself on the ground and grabbing my leg holding on to it! What great pics those were! We usually pop in there once a day to get free pics. The characters range day to do but typically will be a few of the following:
Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Daisy.
Out of all our times we have only had Donald and or Daisy once. All the rest have been Mickey and Goofy mostly and the occassional Pluto and Minnie.

Either way its a great one on one time. DBF and I go without kids and we usually spend a good ten minutes with them. DBF and I know the Chase meet and greet speel the CM's rehearse by heart. To the point one year that DBF would tell all the new people getting in line that asked what it was he would repeat the speel by heart one of the CM's gave him the clipboard and told him she was going on break! it was a great laugh! :mickey::thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
11-23-2011, 09:47 PM
I was going to try it during my last trip. But both times we went by there the line was pretty long so we decided against it. :(