PDA

View Full Version : POR-new pics of AB room

Mitzie
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM
I was looking at an unofficial site for POR and some pics are out of the new AB section rooms. As a family of five we were interested in how the new 5th bed would look..very nice. Also the large tv cabinet is gone so the room looks larger to us..They also replaced the 2 seperate sinks with one whole vanity top..also nice...This is our favorite Mod so we look forward to seeing these changes in person.

azcavalier
11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Found 'em. Those are awesome! I love the extra seating when the bed's not in use. Can't wait to try these out.

magicofdisney
11-22-2011, 01:13 PM
We'll be there next week! I hope we get one of these rooms. :thumbsup:

KatrinaJ91
11-22-2011, 01:39 PM
It looks amazing! Can't wait to stay there!!!

We LOVE Disney
11-22-2011, 03:15 PM
I was looking at an unofficial site for POR and some pics are out of the new AB section rooms. As a family of five we were interested in how the new 5th bed would look..very nice. Also the large tv cabinet is gone so the room looks larger to us..They also replaced the 2 seperate sinks with one whole vanity top..also nice...This is our favorite Mod so we look forward to seeing these changes in person.

We will be staying there next June and I am curious as to what the new rooms look like. Can you tell me where to go to see?

Thanks!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Love the pictures. makes me want to stay there one of these trips...

disneyfan328
11-22-2011, 05:47 PM
ok Im confused - is the new bench seating where the mattress is for the 5th person now instead of being under the bed???? We stayed here before and I loved the idea of 5 in a room, however this extra"bed" being up this high worries me a little! its meant for smaller kids, but that's a distance for a little one to fall!

Or am I totally missing something here?

magicofdisney
11-22-2011, 07:02 PM
I do believe this is supposed to replace the trundle under the one bed. Maybe that cushion from the bench can be placed on the floor in case a little one roles off. You make a valid point. I had not considered this because I'll have an older child sleeping there.

magicofdisney
11-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Does anyone else think that hanging rack over the coffee area is inappropriately placed? It seems to me anything you hang there will greatly interfere with the coffee machine, cups, etc. :confused: Perhaps they should have put it on the other side of the TV.

Mitzie
11-23-2011, 09:13 AM
We will be staying there next June and I am curious as to what the new rooms look like. Can you tell me where to go to see?

Thanks!

I just do a search with Port Orleans in it and this un-official site pops up. I believe it was on the first page of the site.

azcavalier
11-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Hint...the address for the site is the same as the name of the resorts...without the "riverside" or "french quarter" designations...

Why is it exactly that we can't post URLs for other sites on here? Is Intercot worried that it will drive traffic away from Intercot? There are simply some things that Intercot doesn't have on their site. If it's not here, i'm going to look for it elsewhere, i'm not going to simply think that it doesn't exist. But I love Intercot for many reasons, and it is my first stop for all things Disney before I go looking elsewhere.

sommer
11-23-2011, 10:05 AM
The rooms look really nice! I am wondering if the bed is the same size as before. Does it look a little bigger? I too have concerns about my child falling off of it. Will probably have to put some chairs next to it. My kids saw the pictures and were all fighting over who had to sleep on it - none of them wanted to. :)

John
11-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Hint...the address for the site is the same as the name of the resorts...without the "riverside" or "french quarter" designations...

Why is it exactly that we can't post URLs for other sites on here? Is Intercot worried that it will drive traffic away from Intercot? There are simply some things that Intercot doesn't have on their site. If it's not here, i'm going to look for it elsewhere, i'm not going to simply think that it doesn't exist. But I love Intercot for many reasons, and it is my first stop for all things Disney before I go looking elsewhere.

The reason is that we're a family friendly website and we can't police every link that would be posted.

Likewise, allowing links invites website owners, promoters and link services to come here and promote their products which isn't fair to our advertisers - people who pay money to be here. I'm not going to have folks turn the website into a big mess of links or self promotion.

PLUS - 3/4 of the time - stuff that people link to, we already have on the site. You'd be suprised how much is here - especially in info central.

Sure, we aren't going to have everything but if there is a major area we're not covering, shoot me or any staff member an email and we'll see what we can do and whether we should be covering it or how we can fit it into the site. In that case, you help us get better by finding our weaknesses.

Of course, I assume most folks know how to google if they can't locate a piece of information here on the site too...

Anyway, it's long been our policy and it's worked for the last 15 years - so I don't see us changing it now.

We LOVE Disney
11-23-2011, 01:39 PM
I just do a search with Port Orleans in it and this un-official site pops up. I believe it was on the first page of the site.

Thanks, got it :thumbsup:

natstroop
11-23-2011, 01:46 PM
The new bed looks awesome! My kids are all fighting who gets the new bed next time we go. It looks high, but not any higher than the regular beds we all sleep in anyway. I think it's just because it's smaller that it looks higher maybe? If you picture it with a regular size mattress, a boxspring, and a frame underneath, it looks about right. My kids beds are about that anyway. We used the trundle last year, and it was nice to have the extra bed, but it took the kids a little getting used to not being able to hop off that side of the bed in the middle of the night or even in the morning. We heard a few "owws" from the kiddos getting stepped on every now and then. I like the new vanity too! It was so hard to balance the curling irons, makeup bags, cups, soap, etc on those pedistal sinks and that little shelf. I sure hope we get a remodeled room when we go next December. Hopefully they'll all be done by then?!

azcavalier
11-23-2011, 04:02 PM
The reason is that we're a family friendly website and we can't police every link that would be posted.

Likewise, allowing links invites website owners, promoters and link services to come here and promote their products which isn't fair to our advertisers - people who pay money to be here. I'm not going to have folks turn the website into a big mess of links or self promotion.

PLUS - 3/4 of the time - stuff that people link to, we already have on the site. You'd be suprised how much is here - especially in info central.

OK, that makes sense.

Anyway, it's long been our policy and it's worked for the last 15 years - so I don't see us changing it now.

I wouldn't expect you to.