PDA

View Full Version : Christmas parade taping musicians? Aguiera? Swift? Bieber? Mccreery? Bocell?

Josephrobin
11-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Has anyone heard who will be singing for the Magic Kingdom taping of the Christmas parade? I heard Christina Aguilera is the headliner even though she was at Disneyland? I have heard Andrea Bocelli which seems to make sense because he has a concert in Tampa December 4th. I have heard Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift but I also heard that was just a rumor. I also heard Scotty Mccreery will be there. Let me know if anyone has heard anything? Last year it was released November 18th that Mariah would be the headliner.

Josephrobin
11-22-2011, 12:19 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011-Nick Cannon at Disneyland.
Oscar-winning actress Marlee Matlin to introduce singer-songwriter Nathan Pacheco and vocalist Katherine Jenkins who performed “O Holy Night.”Nathan and Katherine were joined by Katie Leclerc and Sean Berdy from the ABC Family hit, “Switched at Birth.” Sean and Katie interpreted this performance beautifully in American Sign Language.
OneRepublic sang their “Good Life” in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Christina Aguilera sang the , “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
the star of Disney Channel’s “A.N.T. Farm,” China Anne McClain, was joined by her sisters Lauryn and Sierra for The McClain Sisters’ version of “Jingle Bell Rock.”
so far at the Magic Kingdom only Jake & the Neverland Pirate Band, Bella Thorne & Zendaya from Shake it Up. Have been named.

2010- Hosts Ryan Seacrest and Maria Menounos at Walt Disney World, with Nick Cannon at Disneyland. Airs on ABC. Entertainment: Mariah Carey, Selena Gomez, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy with Dancing with the Stars dancers, Debby Ryan, Amber Riley, Ten year old soprano Jackie Evancho from America's Got Talent, Sean Kingston, Darius Rucker, and American Idol season 9 winner Lee DeWyze. Kelly Ripa did not host this year due to a stress fracture.

2009-Hosts Kelly Ripa and Nick Cannon at Walt Disney World, with Ryan Seacrest at Disneyland. Airs on ABC. Entertainment: Celine Dion, Stevie Wonder, Demi Lovato, Jonas Brothers, Yanni, Kris Allen, Steve Rushton, Selena Gomez. Dance the Magic dancers which include dance schools from all over the country. Regis Philbin did not host this year due to hip surgery a week before taping the parade. 2009 marked the show's change in title to Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade as part of a branding consolidation announced in February

2008-Hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa, with Ryan Seacrest. Airs on ABC. Entertainment: Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, David Archuleta, Sarah Brightman, Jose Feliciano, David Cook, Vanessa Williams, the Imagination Movers, and Corbin Bleu, who debuted a new song.[1] Also Dance the Magic dancers from dance studios from all over the country.

2007-Hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa at Walt Disney World; Show was actually taped over two days - Friday 30 November and Saturday 1 December 2007 in Walt Disney World. Regis and Kelly were on-site 1 December while 30 November entertainment featured opening act Patti LaBelle followed by celebrities from "Dancing With the Stars" Sabrina Bryan, Hélio Castroneves, Drew Lachey and Joey Fatone - Non-celeb dancers were present as well such as Cheryl Burke, Julianne Hough, Derek Hough and others. Jon Secada sang three holiday favorites as they danced. Following acts included "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" by Jessica Simpson and songs from American Idol First runner up Katharine McPhee and a special performance from the Jonas Brothers with their new Christmas song, "Girl of my Dreams". The cast of Disney's Animal Kingdom's Festival of The Lion King made an appearance singing an arrangement of classic The Lion King songs. Miley Cyrus will also be singing "All I Want for Christmas Is You." There is also a performance by the High School Musical cast performing a new Christmas version of "What Time Is It?". Giselle from Enchanted was featured with the Disney Princesses in the parade for the first time.

2006-Hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa at Walt Disney World; Ryan Seacrest at Disneyland. Entertainment by American Idol’s Ace Young, Kevin Covais, Paris Bennett, and Mandisa; Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana; RBD; Playhouse Disney's The Doodlebops; Daniel Powter; Disney Channel's Brenda Song; High School Musical’s Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, Monique Coleman, and Lucas Grabeel; Beyoncé; Andrea Bocelli; Bianca Ryan; Aly & AJ; Michael Bolton; Dancing With the Stars’ Emmitt Smith; and Tiffany's Dance Academy. Appearances by Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’s Ty Pennington, Eduardo Xol, and Paige Hemmis; Johnny Depp and Travel Channel's Samantha Brown.

2005-Hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa at Walt Disney World; Ryan Seacrest at Disneyland. Entertainment by Playhouse Disney's The Wiggles; Brian Setzer Orchestra; Lonestar; Vanessa Williams; Star Jones; Tiger Woods; Julie Andrews; John O'Hurley; Fantasia; Aly & AJ; The Cheetah Girls; The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’s stars Anna Popplewell, Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, and William Moseley.

2004-
Hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa at Walt Disney World; Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy at Disneyland; and on the street Gonzo the Great; Music performances by: Mariah Carey, Wynonna Judd, Ashanti, Kelly Clarkson, Jump 5 and Diana DeGarmo. Plus: Zach Braff, Jesse McCartney, Erik von Detten, Meredith Viera and ABC's stars. Disney Channel Stars: Raven-Symone, Christy Carlson Romano and Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House. Also: SHeDAISY, Waneze and America's Funniest Home Videos’s Tom Bergeron. Special guest appearance: Julie Andrews

2003-
Hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa at Walt Disney World; George Lopez at Disneyland. On-street interviewer Robin Roberts. Entertainment by Disney Channel's Christy Carlson Romano, Raven-Symone, Anneliese van der Pol, and Orlando Brown; American Idol's Clay Aiken; Playhouse Disney's Bear in the Big Blue House; Jump 5.

2002-Hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa; on-street interviewer and entertainer Wayne Brady; entertainment by The Wiggles, Hilary Duff, Raven-Symoné, Alexis Kalehoff; appearances by John Ritter, Star Jones-Reynolds and Andrea McArdle.

scooterca42
11-23-2011, 12:30 PM
and any news about tickets to be part of the taping?

Josephrobin
11-24-2011, 09:26 AM
I have nothing new on musicians. I know CM have already been able to get tickets to the parade. I don't think annual pass holders or vacation club will have them this year. I went last year without tickets and did pretty well. I had a good view.

Disney4
11-25-2011, 01:29 PM
I am assuming the taping will be December 3rd (among other days)?

Josephrobin
11-26-2011, 12:46 AM
The annual Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be taping on Friday December 2 and Saturday December 3 2011 at the Magic Kingdom. To accommodate the taping, the park makes some changes to the entertainment offerings. This is what we understand will be changed, but this is always subject to change, so check with a times guide on the day for official confirmed information.

- "Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade" will start in Frontierland both days at 5pm.
- "Main Street Trolley Show will not take place on either day.
- "Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street Party" will not perform on either day.
- "Dream Along with Mickey" castle show will only be performed on Friday.

azcavalier
11-26-2011, 10:22 AM
We'll be checking in on the afternoon of Dec. 3rd. I'm glad we'll be missing this!

joanna71985
11-26-2011, 07:05 PM
I wish I knew who was performing at the taping =/

Joannelet
12-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Justin beiber will be there! Celo is on now. You guys are sooo lucky that are there!

joanna71985
12-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Taping today was a lot of fun (overall it was Scotty from American Idol, Cee Lo Green, and Jennifer Hudson). For tomorrow, I've heard it's supposed to be the girls from Shake It Up and Justin Beiber (at least). So we shall see

Joannelet
12-02-2011, 11:26 PM
I know JB was in the park tonight. I have a friend that works on Main Street and he just went through her area ;) She is SOOOO EXCITED! :) It definitely looks CROWDED! Have fun!

joanna71985
12-04-2011, 10:28 PM
As fun as Friday was, I think Sat was more fun! I didn't care to see Justin Beiber perform, so I just grabbed a spot for the streets portion instead. And I loved my spot! I was front row, great view, and was right near the float for the performance of the Shake It Up girls.