PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened to anyone else?

phlo8810
11-20-2011, 06:32 PM
So we are 179 days out and yesterday we did. Our adr's. We got them all except a breakfast at kona cafe. Yesterday the online booking wouldn't recognize the date. We called and they said its a glitch in the system and to call back when that day is 180 out. That was today. We call back and they told us that the only times coming up for kona for the entire week we were there was 12pm. The CM told us either there's something wrong with the system or kona will no longer serve breakfast! Then we called the restaurant and they said they are not taking reservations yet for that time period. Keep trying every couple days to see if that day as been added. Has this ever happened to anyone? Could the really stop their breakfast? I need my tonga toast.

honeebee86
11-20-2011, 07:08 PM
I am just guessing but perhaps there will be a refurb of some sort going on? Most likely though it is a glitch because I do not see the Kona Cafe canceling breakfast! It is very popular.:mickey:

honeebee86
11-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Ok, I just tried for May 18, 2012 and there are openings showing up. I would try again and see.:mickey:

phlo8810
11-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Trying now thanks

A Big Kid
11-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I made the mistake the other day (while making adrs online) of not pushing the "button" for the particular meal -breakfast, lunch, or dinner- I was interested in. The system would only give me dinner time options until i realized i didnt select lunch. Once i selected lunch, my problem was solved.

RichGuy
11-23-2011, 08:17 PM
If memory serves, my Disney travel agent has had some trouble from time to time with reservations not "being opened" for a date right at the 180 day mark. No real rhyme or reason to it.

You probably did the right thing by calling the restaurant directly. If there's a problem, restaurant management would take care of it.