PDA

View Full Version : Multi room reservations

richardrr
11-20-2011, 06:54 AM
We will be going to DW with a somewhat large party (4 rooms). So we could eat together I have made dinner reservations under my name for the whole group. If some of them don't make it will their meals come off of my DDP?

A Big Kid
11-20-2011, 07:03 AM
No. You will only be charged for credits you actually used. For instance, if a party of 12 decided to share one table service meal, then only one table service credit will be deducted.

It is important to note, though, with the new ADR system, if you cancel or do not show up for ADR in specific restaurants less than 24 hours prior to your ADR, you will be charged $10 per person per no-show.

W24toISMdirect
11-20-2011, 02:45 PM
We're currently working up to a multi-room stay with the DDP, and one things we've been discussing that your party will need to keep in mind too is that each room has it's own separate pool of dining credits.

In our case we have:

Room 1: Two Adults
Room 2: Two Adults, 1 child

So, fo our meals, even though we have ADRs for 5, we'll actually be doing separate checks so that I use my room key for myself, my wife and my son, and my Dad uses his room key for himself and his wife. Alternatively we could simple alternate between us which room get's charged for which meal.

Counter service an snack credits require a bit more attention because the party likely won't always be split according to who's staying in which room, but it's still not hard to manage if you keep it in mind.

Our party is still much smaller than yours, so you will need to plan well in order to make sure everything works out correctly.

gerald72
11-20-2011, 04:29 PM
When you say "don't make it," do you mean don't make it to that particular ADR, or don't make it to WDW at all?

lighteningqueen
11-21-2011, 03:12 AM
You will be charged I read if you do not cancel or call before 48 hours of your ressie. It says 10.00 per person on your card or whoevers card they used to make the ressies. So even if you have your room credits and uncle tom and his family have theirs. You will be charged for all 12 of your per person if you do not call and cancel. On your credit card. So I would make sure eveyone on the ressie shows up and you don't forget to cancel something. It could be costly for your vacation..Not sure I like this, but if you cancel the whole trip and are not going, be sure and cancel everything...Like pirates league bibbity bobbiti etc. you signed up for as well.

A Big Kid
11-21-2011, 04:47 AM
You will be charged I read if you do not cancel or call before 48 hours of your ressie. .

Incorrect! It is 24 hours, not 48.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
11-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Incorrect! It is 24 hours, not 48.

Sorry, but it is 48 hrs with the 2012 DDP. If you read the PDF Brochure, it clearly states that you must cancel 48 hrs before.

"An accepted major credit card is required to guarantee reservations at certain locations. Reservations must be cancelled at least 48 hours (6 days for Grand Gathering Experiences) before the scheduled seating or a cancellation charge may be incurred (charge varies by location)." (Most charge $10 per person on the reservation no matter the age of the person.)

lighteningqueen
11-21-2011, 11:07 AM
That's what I read or I wouldn't have posted it.Read it 2 times to make sure.

Tink1
11-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Actually, you are both kind of correct

Advance reservations are strongly recommended and are required for Dinner Shows and Grand Gathering Experiences. An accepted major credit card guarantee
is required for reservations at certain locations. Reservations must be cancelled at least 48 hours (6 days for Grand Gathering Experiences) before the scheduled seating time
or a cancellation charge may be incurred (charge varies by location).

You must cancel Grand Gathering Experiences 6 days in advance.

You must cancel Dinner shows 48 hours in advance. (Castle, Hoop De Doo, Luau, Backyard BBQ etc) or you lose total cost.

You must cancel other credit card deposited reservations (Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace etc) 24 hours in advance. Most are $10 fee if not cancelled, Victoria's & Alberts is $25.

Hope that helps!

Nanc

Hope that helps

A Big Kid
11-21-2011, 02:37 PM
No one mentioned dinner shows, only dinner reservations, so, Im more right.:D

Tink1
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
:rotfl:

now you sound like my kids!

N

Janmac
11-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I have recently heard both from dining CMs for regular ADRs, not dinner show ADRs. When I made our initial ADRs on maybe 24 or 25 October, and we were talking about the change, I heard 48 hours. I made a couple of changes (already :D ) and heard 24 hours. Maybe they've changed it?

We have had kids be asleep at meal time and have not been charged on the DDP for a meal for them, but then we didn't order one either.

Another potential problem with large groups having only one ADR is if one family subgroup fails to show. Does this force the cancellation of your whole group? We've had one or two family members not show and still been able to be seated, despite the policy of all members being present when checking in for the ADR. I have wondered what would happen with a substantial number not showing.

With multiple rooms on the DDP, keeping track of dining credits left can be a headache but remember, you can stop by the front desk every evening and get a printout of your DDP activity. Snack credits remaining should appear on your receipt when you get a snack. And possibly counter service as well, not remembering right now.

It is also possible to have use both cash and DDP for a meal. Usually on our last day we have more people eating than we have remaining credits. CMs have always been happy to use both cash and DDP.

If you are having some out of pocket meals, be sure to let your server know as soon as you are seated that this meal is not on the DDP. We usually eat more table service meals than are available on the DDP, saving the table service credits for the more expensive meals. We learned the hard way to make sure we and the CM are on the same page as to DDP or out of pocket.

Jan

A Big Kid
11-21-2011, 06:29 PM
:rotfl:

now you sound like my kids!

N
you should be so lucky!