PDA

View Full Version : Need serious snack help!!!

Cinderelley
11-18-2011, 06:42 PM
My all time favorite snack in Disney is schoolbread from Norway. Unfortunately, I can no longer eat grains. This saddens me to no end :(, but life must go on. What are some of your favorite snacks that don't have grains in them?

BrerGnat
11-18-2011, 07:30 PM
All grains? Or just wheat? What about corn? Rice?

Dole Whip! Actually, any ice cream/frozen treats. :blush:

If you can eat rice, Rice Krispy treats!

Turkey leg? I don't like them, but maybe you do.

Dark chocolate covered caramels from Karamell Kuche!!!! And, the caramel popcorn, if you can eat corn.

Mickey 101
11-18-2011, 07:54 PM
The chocolate mousse in France is unbelievable and grain free!:thumbsup:

Tinkerbellfan
11-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Chocolate covered carmel apples from Goofy's Candy factory.

Mickey's Chocolate Covered Ice cream Ears

Kairi_7378
11-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Onion rings at Flame Tree BBQ.

Frozen drinks at the Enchanted Grove.

Egg rolls at Yak N Yetti.

Mango slush in Africa in Animal Kingdom.

Goofeygal
11-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Dole whip or chocolate crepes from France.

BigFatDaddy
11-19-2011, 02:45 AM
There is a bakery Down Town DIsney I have read about on the boards here. It is wheat free and covers a few other allergies also. I'm sure you can't use the DDP but it is wheat free!

BigFatDaddy
11-19-2011, 02:48 AM
I think it is called Baby Cakes.

Cinderelley
11-19-2011, 03:26 AM
Thanks for all the responses you guys :) Hoping to find a new favorite in the suggestions.

In response to the questions -
I can do corn, but not rice.
It is all grains.
The only meat I can eat is beef.

Does anyone know what the wrap part of the crepe is made out of? I love crepes but have been afraid to try them. :blush:

mgmnut
11-19-2011, 08:17 AM
It depends on the type of crepe. A crepe is made of either wheat flour (crêpes de Froment) or buckwheat flour (galettes).

BrerGnat
11-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Crepes are always made with grain flour, so they are out.

Eggrolls are also wheat, so don't eat those!

But, since you can eat corn, beef tacos from the Cantina de San Angel (CS place), or beef nachos! They use corn tortillas there, both for the tacos and nachos.

You could have corn dog nuggets from Casey's.

And popcorn!

And, be careful about Babycakes! They likely use rice flour instead of wheat in their baked goods. They are an "allergy free" place, but only because they are gluten/wheat/egg/nut/dairy free. Their products might contain rice flour.

ElenitaB
11-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Babycakes makes a variety of baked goods, with different kinds of flour. On the allergies/ingredients page of their site, they include the following information:

What kind of flours do you use for gluten free items?
Either a garbanzo/fava bean flour mix or rice flour is used for our gluten free items.

What kind of flours do you use for wheat free?
Spelt flour, an alternative grain to wheat is used in place of wheat. BabyCakes customers are urged make sure spelt is a flour is safe for their diet.

I would be very careful with the corn dog nuggets. I know that recipes I have used for corn bread and corn bread batter for nuggets, include wheat flour (i.e., they're not 100% corn meal).

When in doubt, ask to talk to the manager who will bring out "the book" which has the list of all ingredients for each item. You can also contact [email protected] for more information. When making ADRs for table service locations, be sure to note your allergies on your reservation. More information about dining with allergies at WDW, can be found on their Special Dietary Requests page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/). And stop by INTERCOT's own Guests with Special Needs forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=64) to check in with others who have similar questions! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Chocolate covered caramel pecan patties from the candy store on Main st. MK

mdhiggin
11-19-2011, 10:12 PM
DH has recently become gluten free. Disney has to be the most helpful place for this. We encountered THE BOOK a few times in their eagerness to help. Babycakes was awesome. I even liked the stuff, and I have no restrictions. We bought a cookbook to try out their recipes at home. It's on kindle too. They even gave us gluten free cookies at MVMCP. Stop by guest services at the park, and they will give you a several page list of gluten free dining in the park. They even made his fries separate. I guess there was something in the oil. Maybe they cooked battered nuggets in with the fries and didn't want to contaminate his. They had special buns for the burgers, I think they were Ener-G buns.

Cinderelley
11-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks for all the info everyone - especially the heads up about the crepes and the corn dogs. I had wondered if corn dogs would be safe or not. I have a year to get my diet down pat. Then I might know what I'm looking at in THE BOOK. lol :)

Chic-a-pin
11-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Does Grand Marnier slush count as a snack? :marg::mickey: