PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef Texas

MegaDisney
11-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Anyone else watching this season?

I am enjoying it.

I really liked how they had the "instant cuts" on the first and second episodes.

Thought it was so funny when the guy that was so sure of himself and overly confident was eliminated before he could even cook! Karma!

jodijo
11-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I have been watching too. I loved when they cut that guy in the first few minutes. He deserved to go. He ruined the other girls tenderloin.

coloradowendyl
11-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Watching!

All I know is if I had been one of the contestants I would have voluntarily left this week...I DON'T do snakes...any way, any shape, any form!

Just watching the Quick Fire Challenge creeped me out!

Wendy

tinkwest
11-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Thought it was so funny when the guy that was so sure of himself and overly confident was eliminated before he could even cook! Karma!

That was so excellent I don't see how anything can top it! We watched that scene over and over, laughing & laughing.

Have you been watching the "Last Chance Kitchen" online? Kind of a neat twist.

Melanie
11-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Love Top Chef and wouldn't miss it! :cowboy:

Dopey's Girl
11-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Love it! It's easily one of my favorite shows.

Watching Tom kick that creepy guy off before he even cooked was great! I love Tom.

JanetMegan
11-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Maybe I can catch up over the holidays this weekend, I have all of them on the DVR ready and waiting!

AgentC
11-21-2011, 01:28 PM
I love this show.The new twists this year are great especially the Last Chance Kitchen.

Tiggerlovr9000
11-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Almost quit watching after the rattle snake quick fire and Padma dropped the <snip> twice. I will if it happens again.. :mad::mad:

Melanie
02-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Wondering if anyone is still watching. Here we are to the finale, and no one is commenting. I've really been so-so about this season. No interesting personalities this season at all. In fact, the majority of the women were kinda mean.

Paul for the win!

coloradowendyl
02-23-2012, 03:50 PM
I personally thought the women with the exception of Grayson were pretty nasty!

I am rooting for Paul!

Melanie
02-23-2012, 03:56 PM
I personally thought the women with the exception of Grayson were pretty nasty!

Yes, I liked Grayson.

Dopey's Girl
02-23-2012, 04:39 PM
I am rooting for Paul!

Me too! Most of the women drive me nuts. He has been the one I wanted to win from day 1.

tinkwest
02-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Still watching. I agree this was one of the least interesting group of contestants. I am with most others. I would have liked to see Grayson win but with her gone I'm pulling for Paul. :chef:

AgentC
02-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm still watching too and rooting for Paul, but I agree it hasn't been a very interesting season.

coloradowendyl
02-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Last season was so great because you already knew the people that I think it made this season all the harder because you had to figure out who was who...who was good/evil, etc.

I thought the guys were definitely funnier than the women and the challenges were weak, especially the Quick Fires.

Niecyboo
02-23-2012, 11:57 PM
I have been watching it for Paul all season! He just seems like such a sweet guy, and so humble. At first I disliked Heather for the horrible way she treated Beverly, but soon I came to really dislike Beverly. I love the way Ed described her. "Beverly seems like a victim but she's really not, she's a tough lady." To me she seemed to take on the victim's role too often. So while I wasn't crazy about either Sarah or Lindsay, I was glad they made it to the top 3.

Katzateer
02-24-2012, 08:11 AM
The most interesting food I was served in Texas when we lived there was calf fries. Didn't eat them. Can't beat a good Texas BBQ brisket though. I' ll have to watch the show.

TheDuckRocks
02-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Count me as also rooting for Paul. Just got my new Southern Living magazine yesterday and they have a picture in it of Paul and 2 other chefs, listed him as "a star of Top Chef". I'm keeping my fingers crossed that might mean he won it, but then they have bought back losers from other seasons and called it All Stars, so who knows.

tinkwest
03-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Watched the Reunion show last night. Thought it was a little too much "The Beverly Show".

Dopey's Girl
03-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Watched the Reunion show last night. Thought it was a little too much "The Beverly Show".

Me too...between Bev and Sara there were way too many tears! Yikes!

TheDuckRocks
03-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Hooray for Paul!!!:joy:
Heather is truely one mean chickie. :down:

PirateLover
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I could not stand Bev from the start. I do think the other contestants were a bit harsh on her at points but I really don't like how the production was basically (in my opinion through the edits) trying to get us to feel so sorry for her. She put herself in a lot of awkward situations by being totally oblivious to everyone else around her. I also was not a fan of Greyson. Just too loud and obnoxious for my taste... and I'm friends with some pretty loud and obnoxious people!
Glad Paul won.